New TM-30 required after round-trip to change visa?

I am currently living in Thailand on an O-A retirement visa. I am planning to switch to a Non-O. To begin the process I've planned a 2-day round trip, by air, to Cambodia later this month.

I rent a condo. When I return I'll no longer be on an O-A visa but on a 45 day visa exempt. Should my landlord file a new TM-30 for me when I return?

1 hour ago, eboy said:

I rent a condo. When I return I'll no longer be on an O-A visa but on a 45 day visa exempt. Should my landlord file a new TM-30 for me when I return?

Yes. 

Also ask landlord for screenshot of TM30 to take to immigration when you apply for your non O 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes. 

Also ask landlord for screenshot of TM30 to take to immigration when you apply for your non O 

@DrJack54 You mention a screenshot so I assume my landlord can do this online. Do you happen to know the link of the website where he can file the TM30 online. I want to make this as easy as possible for him so it actually gets done.

5 hours ago, Salerno said:

Thanks.  Looks useful.

If you own a number of condos that you rent out, can you register for each premises?

For landlords it would be helpful if property agents could get an account in a similar way that hotels do.  They could do the report for their clients.

hi

yes you need a new tm30

you or your landlord can do in 3 ways: go to the immigration, website and mobile app

i strongly suggest mobile app. its super easy. you can do it with your landlord. it will take probably 5-10min

i suggest take all step's screenshots. print and copy 

7 hours ago, problemfarang said:

hi

yes you need a new tm30

you or your landlord can do in 3 ways: go to the immigration, website and mobile app

i strongly suggest mobile app. its super easy. you can do it with your landlord. it will take probably 5-10min

i suggest take all step's screenshots. print and copy 

@problemfarang What is the name of the mobile app?

During Covid, immigration suspended the need for TM 30 reporting when returning to your 'home' address. ie the property where you are registered.

This was an attempt to reduce queues at immigration offices.

As far as I know, this is still in place.

However, with on-line reporting, it is simple and quick to update the immigration files.

I still update mine when I return home. It just takes a few minutes.

9 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

If you own a number of condos that you rent out, can you register for each premises?

Yes.

9 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

For landlords it would be helpful if property agents could get an account in a similar way that hotels do.  They could do the report for their clients.

They can. If you had log-term tenants and give them copies of the relevant documents the tenants can do it themselves.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, eboy said:

@DrJack54 You mention a screenshot so I assume my landlord can do this online. Do you happen to know the link of the website where he can file the TM30 online. I want to make this as easy as possible for him so it actually gets done.

I had one IO yelling Pin pin pin (=printout)  of course, they seem to have a psycic connection to ask for stuff you dont have........   so, take a printout, dont show it untill he demands it (then show it) hopefully he will have felt he done his job..  (not much fun trying to run down the road, email it to yourself and print it at the shop, then go and que again after the holy lunch time... (most say smiling helps............................  well, after all these years I think a show of suffering works better...........)

• Love It 1