Thailand’s Medical Tourism Likely To Soar In 2023

webfact

image.jpeg

Representative images of Thai medical tourism. Top image: Thai Rath

by TNR Staff  

SIMILAR to the improvement of the overall tourism industry, the medical tourism sector too has started to bounce back and is expected to generate 25 billion baht revenue in the new year, INN News said this morning (Jan. 5).

Mr. Anucha Burapachaisri, deputy secretary-general to the Prime Minister for political affairs acting as a spokesman, said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is pleased that the tourism industry which had plunged drastically during the Covid pandemic is now growing steadily helped by global trends and the effort made by the government.

Latest analysis by TMBThanachart Bank (ttb) projects that the medical tourism sector will generate as much as 25 billion baht revenue in 2023 as it rides the overall rise of the tourism industry.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/01/05/thailands-medical-tourism-likely-to-soar-in-2023/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-01-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

Well with the expected influx of Chinese we have all been hearing about and the expected rise in Covid infections, they could be right?

But once again instead of mentioning the level of service, potential patients could expect, they seem only interested in money?

"the medical tourism sector too has started to bounce back and is expected to generate 25 billion baht revenue in the new year, INN News said this morning (Jan. 5)."

• Thumbs Up 1

In 2019 thailand medical tourism was around $9bln so this 25bln thb is a small fraction

Somehow they have missed to mention how many those tourists they do expect  More likely figure 25 bln is from a thin air, random figure. Especially, if not compared to 2022 and 2019. 
some article I have just looked at mentions 2022 at $5.8bln. So projection for 2023 looks like only a small increase. 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

I had an ultra-sound today at a Thai hospital. I was just about ready to enter the radiology room when they wheeled in a foreigner in a wheel chair that was covered in blood. I had to wait my turn (1 Hour) to have my test after the battered and bloody foreigner was finished. I asked this guy what happened to him and of course he was in a motorbike accident. I wonder how many foreigners come to Thailand for "Medical Tourism" concerning motorbike accidents.

• Haha 1