Millennials Are Not Becoming More Conservative As They Age – And Twitter's Delighted (For Once)

Scott

That’s great they are paying attention and can see the obvious,republicans are the party of stripping your rights tax breaks for the wealthy against civil rights and anti democracy climate deniers anti labor ect ect great!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Scott said:

New data suggests that unlike previous generations, millennials are not becoming more conservative as they age – and people are ecstatic.

Some time ago I read that most people don't become more conservative when they get older.

The "problem" is that people around them, especially all the younger people, are often more liberal or woke or whatever the opposite of conservative is these days.

I.e. when I was young, I didn't like gay marriage and basically nobody liked it and that was considered normal at that time. Only radicals wanted to allow same sex marriage and adoption.

Today it seems anybody who is not a fan of gay marriage and adoption is best case a conservative or more likely called a bigot. 

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Some time ago I read that most people don't become more conservative when they get older.

The "problem" is that people around them, especially all the younger people, are often more liberal or woke or whatever the opposite of conservative is these days.

I.e. when I was young, I didn't like gay marriage and basically nobody liked it and that was considered normal at that time. Only radicals wanted to allow same sex marriage and adoption.

Today it seems anybody who is not a fan of gay marriage and adoption is best case a conservative or more likely called a bigot. 

Why would anyone oppose gay marriage or adoption?

What reason could there be for doing so?

What credible research shows a reason for opposing either?

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think the current situation with the Republican Party has caused a lot of confusion about what it means to be a conservative.   The question on the issue of being woke is simply does it affect your life, and the answer is probably no.  Does gay marriage affect you?  Probably not.  Does someone being trans affect you, probably not.  Does it affect you if someone is gender-fluid, probably not.  Does a drag queen at a public library reading children books affect you?  Probably not.  Do you have to take your children to those readings?  You don't.  Stay away from body, stay out of bedroom.  Leave my religious beliefs to me and me alone.  Don't impose your religion on me.  

I have no idea where the conservatives are headed when it comes to fiscal matters.  They seem to like to spend a lot of money but lower taxes.  That doesn't work very well.   

13 hours ago, Scott said:

New data suggests that unlike previous generations, millennials are not becoming more conservative as they age – and people are ecstatic.

By studying voting surveys from both the UK and the US, The Financial Times’John Burn-Murdoch found that millennials are actually defying historic patterns about how personal politics change.

Incredible.  "Becoming more conservative as you get older" is about being more socially conservative, not becoming more fond of the "conservative party".  What a waste of an article. ????