Pattaya: "Popular" British pensioner gunned down on way home after just returning from UK Xmas visit

webfact

1 hour ago, petermik said:

<removed>

Neil was my good friend for almost 15 years...a retired Railway Track Engineer with vast knowledge of tracking and point systems and he has worked in many countries throughout the world as well as the UK...a vastly experienced man and a very healthy one at that he was not short of money and the lady who was his housekeeper was exactly that and nothing more.....despite what is being claimed.

I am in contact with Neils sister in the UK who in turn is being assisted by the British Consulate here.....some of the stories and comments I have read covering this are absolutely ridiculous.

The only issue I have is having no knowledge of exactly what lead to this tragic episode only two people know this and one cannot answer.....is the killers version of events truthful or is he trying to cast some blame onto my friend....I do not know and no-one else does so I make no comments.

R.I.P. Neil

I'm sorry for your loss.

My comments are not a personal attack on your friend, just an opinion I have.

RIP Neil.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harsh Jones said:

Being an introvert is lower risk indeed

One can be an extrovert or introvert. The main thing is to not show all your cards. It’s easier if your introverted because you can deflect questions better.

Notice how the comments all mention how he was an engineer, not short of money, worked all over for the railroads, etc. Sounds like he was an open book.

Many people don’t like that. They get envious, smile to your face, but keep digging for more info rather than going away. They get angry inside the more success you seem to have but act like they like you. Like a kettle that boils over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petermik said:

The gunman did not know him.....it was a road rage incident....so what has that got to do with him being an "open book" show some respect to someone you know nothing about who has just had his life taken away.

idiots are everywhere.

It could have been anything, road rage or something else.

The thing that feels odd to me is the reports on the victims character and how great a person he was. It could be true, it just seems a bit over the top compared to usual reporting.

Edited by JimTripper

• 1 year later...
On 1/6/2023 at 11:03 AM, mikeymike100 said:

Mistaken identity perhaps?

Not necessarily. There are people in every country who will just shoot. Thailand is not immune. Younger guys, thugs, drunks, psycho's...

19 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Not necessarily. There are people in every country who will just shoot. Thailand is not immune. Younger guys, thugs, drunks, psycho's...

People who are gun lovers travelling to and from ranges or wherever with a loaded weapon who have not quite had the ultimate gun experience, and covet it!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Antti said:

Anyone know what happened with this case? Was the killer convicted?

The last information I had was that the gunman was sentenced to 4 years reduced to 2 years as he admitted the crime and co-operated with the police... this was 6 months ago and he was appealing against it which allowed him to be out on bail 😮‍💨

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, petermik said:

The last information I had was that the gunman was sentenced to 4 years reduced to 2 years as he admitted the crime and co-operated with the police... this was 6 months ago and he was appealing against it which allowed him to be out on bail 😮‍💨

So running around as free as Thaksin!

Have to wonder if they took his gun off him.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Agree 1

On 1/6/2023 at 11:24 AM, RichardColeman said:

If he's on the job, then I think he just lost his job

A Member of our Village Committee  asked that our night Security man be removed  because of sleeping on the job, Security Management said he is allowed to sleep because its night time  !!!...Only in Thailand

• Haha 2