Pattaya: "Popular" British pensioner gunned down on way home after just returning from UK Xmas visit

webfact

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Sleeping" or "resting", whatever Google decides is the word it likes, he was doing it in his room, actually.   That's not on the job.

In Thai it was probably the verb “Non” which means to lie down,actually Thai people tend to use it instead of sleep anyway probably to pretend they are not asleep?

9 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Note: Daily Mail is blocked in Thailand since 2014 for past publication of articles considered offensive regarding Thai royalty. Unless readers have a VPN or do not reside in Thailand your link is not available.

Opened fine for me, no VPN being used! Certainly inside Thailand.. maybe ISP dependent?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Thanks. I switched to data on my phone (AIS) and the link works, however on home internet using the laptop (TOT internet) it's blocked. Bizarre.

Live and learn! Cheers.

I have TOT. opened ok for me

20 hours ago, petermik said:

The gunman has turned himself in to the Police this morning and admitted the killing of Neil due to a road rage incident.

R.I.P. my good friend Neil.

Absolutely senseless killing.  There is no defence for this. ????

• Like 1

Supposedly he honked his horn at a HiSo in. Mercedes. And the guy was <deleted> and shot him deliberately. A bit of a moron, if he’d hit him with the Mercedes he could have called it an accident. But he’s HiSo so probably nothing will happen to him. Very sad, and very very stupid. What do Thai people think the horn is for?

4 hours ago, Mansell said:

Supposedly he honked his horn at a HiSo in. Mercedes. And the guy was <deleted> and shot him deliberately. A bit of a moron, if he’d hit him with the Mercedes he could have called it an accident. But he’s HiSo so probably nothing will happen to him. Very sad, and very very stupid. What do Thai people think the horn is for?

I read it was more than just a horn honk.

I read he also attacked the car.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, save the frogs said:

sorry, just to play devil's advocate.

just because the suspect admitted it was due to road rage doesn't mean there wasn't another motive. 

So produce this other motive and back it up with facts.

If you cannot,

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

deleted post

then why bother to post it?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

o produce this other motive and back it up with facts.

it may actually be road rage after all.

just saying .... murderers cant be trusted.

also, you get a lesser sentence if it's not premeditated hence the possibility of trying to pass it off as road rage even if it wasnt. 

i dont have any facts to work with. 

just speculating.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

We only have the word of a murderer trying to justify the indefensible so far as to what occurred! 

(I might add coward too as it appears he shot an unarmed man in the back!)

No choice but to shoot in the back.

It's road rage, After attacking the guys car he's then tried to escape.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

it may actually be road rage after all.

just saying .... murderers cant be trusted.

also, you get a lesser sentence if it's not premeditated hence the possibility of trying to pass it off as road rage even if it wasnt. 

i dont have any facts to work with. 

just speculating.

If you have no facts, no ideas and were not even there, why are you even bothering to speculate and post?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

As I said, we will only ever get to know what the BiB release to the media.  Many take that as fact, and it very well may be the truth, but not always.

Just because the BiB announce it, doesn't always mean it's accurate, or factual.

Nor does it mean that it is inaccurate or non factual.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cricky said:

It's road rage, After attacking the guys car he's then tried to escape.

Does not change the facts. Which apparently you are unaware of, you need to go back and read...the car chased the bike down. I got gossip last night that the guy had issues before, arguing with a neighbour and waving a gun about. He was apparently very capable with a gun and the family has a connection to an ex Pattaya official. I hope justice is done.... in some USA States I expect the death penalty could be on the table. 

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

..the car chased the bike down

Cars don't chase bikes willy, nilly.

He's provoked, abused, showed hostility........whatever, which tipped this lunatic over the edge..

You play with FIRE, you're going to get BURNT..

Oh well, what ever the Brit. did, he won't be doing it again.

RIP, old man

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Cars don't chase bikes willy, nilly.

He's provoked, abused, showed hostility........whatever, which tipped this lunatic over the edge..

You play with FIRE, you're going to get BURNT..

Oh well, what ever the Brit. did, he won't be doing it again.

RIP, old man

You talk in a confused way

First the incredulous statement that 

Which is silly, he actually had no reason to shoot him in the back!

How do you know he provoked and abused... you have no idea, there is no evidence. One can be chased here for beeping your horn.

The Thai man, who had shown hostility before, shot an unarmed man who was fleeing... I really do not see your perspective, perhaps you read too many comic books.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It surprises me there is more in the Uk nationals and local press about what actually happened on the road and their coming together than in the Thai national press.

To cut a long story short .... another Thai male psychopath who now thinks "apologizing" to the dead man's family is enough.

Be careful out there guys.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11609131/Tuxedo-wearing-gun-fanatic-admits-shooting-British-pensioner-death-Thailand.html

Edited by MRToMRT
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

It surprises me there is more in the Uk nationals and local press about what actually happened on the road and their coming together than in the Thai national press.

Not surprising at all, foreigner lives are worthless to the Thai government.

We all know the killer will get away with a trivial punishment, if any.

Edited by BritManToo

11 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Well I might not trust the UK press too much not to embellish a story. 

• Like 1