Pattaya: "Popular" British pensioner gunned down on way home after just returning from UK Xmas visit

webfact

4 hours ago, smedly said:

can you not read, you obviously have no clue - like I said in my post - who benefits financially from his death - it's called motive and in Thailand when farangs are murdered it is almost always a financial motive - someone gains alot of money and thinks they will get away with it - cash that nobody knows about (not banked)

Do you have stats to back that up? ‘Almost always’ is in excess of 90%. That doesn’t sound like an ‘opinion’ to me.

As for bringing a lot of cash, most retired people who have shared there finances with me have a monthly income.

Clearly people can and will speculate. Mistaken identity, as already mentioned, a drug crazed lunatic or even a callus lunatic.

I’m just glad you’re not investigating this case.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hope camera's will show why he took the detour to Pratumnak area. Something doesn't make sense with that.

Who followed after him, the long way home?

This case is probably in media worldwide soon, so RTP will work hard to solve this mystery, and I think they will.

Don't want to speculate now, too much unknown at this point.

RIP.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

So sad when it happens to a good guy like this man seemed to be. It sounds like a very personal attack. It said he had no enemies, yet he apparently wasn't robbed so the shooter was very deliberate in this shooting and wanted the man dead.

I hope they find the attacker and give him what he deserves.

RIP.

I think that you are making a few big assumptions there .   People don't get assassinated for nothing, unless its a case of mistaken identity.  I suspect that there is much more to this than has been reported. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, internationalism said:

"Peter's" friend followed him or mistaken identity.

Phra Tamnak looks like not the shortest way home, he likely meet somebody there/gave lift to Peter's home or somebody else he had met in the pub

Maybe he just took a short detour, because he preferred the chicken from the mini mart in Phra Tamnak. He could then easily drive to his home in Huay Yai via Thepprasit rd.

12 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

I think that you are making a few big assumptions there .   People don't get assassinated for nothing, unless its a case of mistaken identity.  I suspect that there is much more to this than has been reported. 

With the amount of guns per capita here... 

With the amount of Yabba heads riding around etc...  its not far fetched to suspect this could be something as simple as wrong place wrong time, looking at the wrong person, even overtaking the wrong person on the bike... 

... This could have been something incredibly random... Or one or or a combination of a multitude of many other reasons....  gang initiation to a hired hit... etc...   

This must be horrific for his loved ones. 

• Like 2