Pattaya: "Popular" British pensioner gunned down on way home after just returning from UK Xmas visit

webfact

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:
18 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Really? No-one would get much from me dying. I guess you are a member of the 'All Farangs Are Rich Club'.

Not all of us are poor.

Not all of us are rich either. Saying that the death of a farang means riches for the locals is a rather silly comment.

On 1/6/2023 at 10:33 AM, HuskerDo2 said:

It said he had no enemies, yet he apparently wasn't robbed so the shooter was very deliberate in this shooting and wanted the man dead.

Well spotted sir.  Yes something is off here.  3 shots in 10 seconds is actually quite slow.  So deliberate, malicious if you ask me.  Yes, he must have had an enemy... Pattaya holds many secrets.  

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, mancub said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He had been resting in his room as the OP link states.

Err, sleeping the OP Link states, actually .

"Sleeping" or "resting", whatever Google decides is the word it likes, he was doing it in his room, actually.   That's not on the job.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Sleeping" or "resting", whatever Google decides is the word it likes, he was doing it in his room, actually.   That's not on the job.

Actually, the report, of which you are keen to throw at others, also states "in the room". 

If you're so keen to belittle others for not reading the link, then at least don't misquote that very link to suit yourself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mancub said:
38 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Actually, the report, of which you are keen to throw at others, also states "in the room". 

If you're so keen to belittle others for not reading the link, then at least don't misquote that very link to suit yourself.

I'm not "belittling" anyone, neither am I "throwing " anything at others, I'm simply pointing out facts as opposed to the falsehoods that some posters were promulgating.  The point is that he was sleeping/resting in his/a room, not at work as was being wrongly suggested.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Sleeping" or "resting", whatever Google decides is the word it likes, he was doing it in his room, actually.   That's not on the job.t

My condominium complex, late  at night I see the security guards resting/sleeping in the swimming pool pump room.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That had been my supposition. He was a witness of sorts and his employment  status doesn’t add much to the story, unless it is meant to imply that a security guard is a reliable source.

1 hour ago, Cricky said:

My condominium complex, late  at night I see the security guards resting/sleeping in the swimming pool pump room.

Thats what i would do on 400 baht a day

Edited by itsari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, petermik said:

The gunman has turned himself in to the Police this morning and admitted the killing of Neil due to a road rage incident.

R.I.P. my good friend Neil.

As reported in the UK papers:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11609131/Tuxedo-wearing-gun-fanatic-admits-shooting-British-pensioner-death-Thailand.html

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Denim said:

Past tense. No longer blocked.

Thanks. I switched to data on my phone (AIS) and the link works, however on home internet using the laptop (TOT internet) it's blocked. Bizarre.

Live and learn! Cheers.

1 hour ago, silver sea said:

'The foreigner hit the horns and started banging on my car. I caught up with him towards the forest area and I stopped the vehicle.'

Why do Farangs insist on doing this in a foreign country,provoking the locals will only end in tears?

It reminds me of the video of that Aussie muppet the old geezer getting punched in the face by a Thai guy whilst picking his daughter up from school?

Everyone was berating the Thai guy until it turns out beforehand the Aussie halfwit had literally attacked the poor Thai guy’s car with a machete,he was probably very lucky that Thai guy wasn’t carrying or it may have ended tragically the same as here?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

sorry, just to play devil's advocate.

just because the suspect admitted it was due to road rage doesn't mean there wasn't another motive. 

It's enough for the BiB to close the case. 

It used to be foreigners off the balcony, perhaps now it's road rage.  Both can conceal the true motive. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2023 at 3:22 PM, tubby johnson said:

Intrepid rookie agent Smedly of CSI Aseannow has solved the crime. The victim was shot miles from his home in order to steal £20k in cash .... from his home.

Case closed. :coffee1: Move along, everyone.

Inspector Clouseau solved the crime have you know .