Chinese could flock to "paradise" and "cheap" Thailand 

webfact

16 hours ago, BritScot said:

Where I saved money on fuel in the uk compared to Thailand was simple I don't drive a 3lt SUV in the uk (uk 2 cars Rav4 and a Honda jazz). We don't drive as far in the uk for shopping, school and social.

You don't need a car in Thailand, it's warm every day.

So the comparison should be car in UK Vs scooter in Thailand.

Car 15kGBP Vs Scooter 1kGBP.

Petrol 1.5gbp Vs petrol 0.9gbp

10Km/ltr Vs 40Km/ltr

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

10Km/ltr Vs 40Km/ltr

Add the price of a bullet proof vest to your scooter expenses 

On 1/6/2023 at 7:52 PM, RandiRona said:

CCP has real hold over corrupt generals. Thailand is their backyard for several centuries so it’s just matter of time that it becomes a satellite colony of CCP.  Very soon strict policies changes would make it impossible for Cheap Charlies to stay in Thailand.

Where will you go? 

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

It is a daft comparison, and a daft basis for your argument! Your bottle of Evian in Paris was produced just down the road.

Your bottle of Evian here was produced in France, loaded into a container, trucked to a port, loaded onto a ship, sailed around the world, then trucked iñto the Thai distribution system. Leave aside any import duties!

That is why it is expensive.

If you want products from the other side of the world, expect them to be expensive.

Exactly!

Do not believe the hype. This is standard CCP plan to spread its Han population and politics through peaceful settlement. China controls Laos. For all intents and purposes, Laos is now a subservient state of China. Everything priced similar or lower in Laos and Chinese are treated like hiso masters. And yet, the Chinese say Thailand offers better. Not really. China does same thing with some western countries. Today it has big influence in Canada owning major companies and large values of real estate. It has influence on government. Thai people just as greedy as Canada people, maybe less greedy than German and English who facilitate some bad things all for money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A lot of this nonsense makes me laugh.    I've been to China on several occasions and i always find it cheaper overall than Thailand; Hotels and Food in particular.    

I think the main reason Chinese want to come here is the lax rules and the feeling that 'Big Brother' is not watching their every move !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You guys are all wrong. 

For many Mainland Chinese, Thailand is just a stopover on their way to Europe, UK, Canada, or, the ultimate prize, the USA. 

It's my fervent wish that, as the Marxist-Leninist government continues to founder and flounder, the USA will open its borders to welcome 100 million hardworking Chinese families. 

I started learning Mandarin in 1972. 

Chinese food, by the way, is second ony to Thai food. 

And Thai food is second only to black folks Texas BBQ.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

10Km/ltr Vs 40Km/ltr

I had 3 x big bikes in Thailand as well but when you have a family a car/SUV is essential in Thailand.  I've never owned a scooter and probably never would!!! Last vehicle I bought in Thailand cost me about £24k (I would never buy a secondhand car in Thailand though I would never buy a new car in the uk).