Thai monk raped his own daughter, 14, after arriving to "Give her New Year blessings"

webfact

6 hours ago, billd766 said:

Her father was a monk living in a temple, her mother is supposedly working overseas, so where is she supposed to live?

Dad should have been in a hospital, getting psychological help, while "mom" should have been home, instead of living elsewhere and sending money back while her daughter is left to her own devices. Grandparents, especially here and in other countries where education is weak, aren't the best choices for the welfare of a child.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Dad should have been in a hospital, getting psychological help, while "mom" should have been home, instead of living elsewhere and sending money back while her daughter is left to her own devices. Grandparents, especially here and in other countries where education is weak, aren't the best choices for the welfare of a child.

Dad should have been left in jai to rot.

A simple question for you. If her Mum should have been at home as you suggest, how could she earn enough money without working and leaving her daughter alone during the day?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

A simple question for you. If her Mum should have been at home as you suggest, how could she earn enough money without working and leaving her daughter alone during the day?

That’s the problem in Thailand , the grandparents illiterate, parents no education, no idea how to bring up children. Too many drugs easily bought, too easy to fall into a mess., I saw it on my first visit to Thailand 1984,,nothing has changed.. There are jobs , I have many friends who work in restaurants, hotels, shops, offices etc I suppose they’ve been lucky to have a caring family . The education system here is terrible, especially if you need extra help.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

Home, working locally, instead of spending her time in another country, child in school, going home to family until she comes home from work, if work lasted until after she was out of school. Going to another country, or city , as thousands do here, is an excuse to not want to take care of your kids, while they party it up elsewhere, and granny gets the job. Thailand leads the world in kids raised by grandparents. Not a good thing.

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Home, working locally, instead of spending her time in another country, child in school, going home to family until she comes home from work, if work lasted until after she was out of school. Going to another country, or city , as thousands do here, is an excuse to not want to take care of your kids, while they party it up elsewhere, and granny gets the job. Thailand leads the world in kids raised by grandparents. Not a good thing.

You got that cultural hegemony thing going strong there. It means nothing of the sort.

6 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Have you any idea of the cost of school uniforms, shoes, books etc? Do you have any idea how much it costs to rent even a small pace? How do you think that the girl will get to school and return home?

The main reason that Thai's work abroad is that they earn more money than they can in Thailand. You are also assuming that her mother can get a job earning a similar salary as offshore and be able to to deliver and collect her daughter from school.

Most offshore workers and those in Thailand work long hours, and don't get paid enough to party every night, even if they were not tired out through hard work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Nothing of the sort. I just state things as they are. Opinions mean nothing.

Actually what you are doing is stating your opinion, and in your own words.

"Opinions mean nothing", unless of course you have the facts to back it up.

On 1/10/2023 at 12:08 PM, billd766 said:

Have you any idea of the cost of school uniforms, shoes, books etc? Do you have any idea how much it costs to rent even a small pace? How do you think that the girl will get to school and return home?

The main reason that Thai's work abroad is that they earn more money than they can in Thailand. You are also assuming that her mother can get a job earning a similar salary as offshore and be able to to deliver and collect her daughter from school.

Most offshore workers and those in Thailand work long hours, and don't get paid enough to party every night, even if they were not tired out through hard work.

Having raised 5 kids before I  came to Thailand, and having one 6 year old now joint custody here (the others I had custody of in America yes, I know exactly what it takes to take care of children regarding finances, and living here over 6 years now, I know what it takes here. I teach English part time here ,and work with many schools, so I know what it takes here. If you are going to have children, you take on the responsibility of their needs. That doesn't include leaving them with grandma because your boyfriend here left, which happens thousands of times, and as far as the justice system here goes, they aren't held responsible. That means you stay home, get a job locally, and see that your child is taken care of by at least one parent. Grandparents here are a lot of the times too old, and illiterate, to properly take care of children, and when the kids get to around age 8, they are out riding scooters without helmets. Yes, I know about at least 5 personally just in my village. Then when they get to be teenagers, as one replied, they are smoking,drinking and doing drugs. The schools pass them even if they are failing, and that leaves them in the same place as their parent (s). You don't have to make a lot of money here to have a child in public school, and if you have the "help" of family for a little while during the day, you can work full time. That way, you are home every night, taking care of your child. No excuses. Thailand leads the world in the stats that over 35% are raised by grandparents. Even Laos and Vietnam are only around 3 to 6%.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Haha 1

A post with a link to the Bangkok Post has been removed:

16. The Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail, Phuket News and the Thaiger do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to the Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail, Phuket News and the Thaiger publications will be deleted from the forum. These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not by ASEAN NOW. In rare cases, forum administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

On 1/8/2023 at 10:21 PM, BangkokReady said:

I think the slight difference with Thailand is that the monks often have a known long history of law breaking.  I'm not saying churches never covered anything up, but it isn't like career criminals head there for a bit of R&R.

Fair comment 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1