Decent electric ovens, hood and gas hobs

stament

Looking to put in a new kitchen and most of the brands here I am unfamiliar with. Not going fir top spec, something reliable but not too expensive.

Went to a couple of large stores, one suggested a franke range and the other a fotile one. I am aware of Franke's reputation for sinks but didn't know the made kitchen appliances. Fotile, I have never heard of but the salesguy told me they are the number 1 bestseller in China and are good quality.

Bosch could be an option albeit quite a bit more expensive, but I didn't like the looks of the ones available. 

Does anyone have any previous good or bad experiences they can share please?

Extractor hood look at "lucky flame" they seem to be popular for gas appliances extractor hoods etc.

We went for a free standing gas gooker with oven from Seimens. All of it has been trouble free for over a decade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I recently looked at kitchen appliances.

It's impossible to look at the electronic from outside and other technical details.

What I did in shops is that I pressed some buttons and move some dials and things like that. On many devices it just feels cheap, and it feels like it will be damaged after some use.

At the end I bought all from Electrolux. They seem to be relatively good quality for reasonable prices.

For the hood I also made sure I switch it on and listen to it. Some of them are very loud.

I still have to install what I bought and have no user experience up to now.

I also looked at this AU website and subscribed. They tested some devices which are available in AU and TH and some general articles about different devices.

https://www.choice.com.au/

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

If you are in CM you must be able to find out what's best by asking about that's what my friend who lives there does. 

Many places selling stuff. 

I am looking for personal experiences people have of uses appliances. Salesmen don't always tell the truth....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I recently looked at kitchen appliances.

It's impossible to look at the electronic from outside and other technical details.

What I did in shops is that I pressed some buttons and move some dials and things like that. On many devices it just feels cheap, and it feels like it will be damaged after some use.

At the end I bought all from Electrolux. They seem to be relatively good quality for reasonable prices.

For the hood I also made sure I switch it on and listen to it. Some of them are very loud.

I still have to install what I bought and have no user experience up to now.

I also looked at this AU website and subscribed. They tested some devices which are available in AU and TH and some general articles about different devices.

https://www.choice.com.au/

Yes, I opened a couple of oven doors and one seemed flimsy so that was an instant no.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, stament said:

I am looking for personal experiences people have of uses appliances. Salesmen don't always tell the truth....

Frankly what I find if ya lucky cheap stuff can last longer than expensive stuff.

What I do is look what brand is available locally or on-line and check it out on internet.

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Frankly what I find if ya lucky cheap stuff can last longer than expensive stuff.

What I do is look what brand is available locally or on-line and check it out on internet.

I can look for prices no problem but want to know what is good and what isn't so good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stament said:

I can look for prices no problem but want to know what is good and what isn't so good.

As i said you can check out the brands and recommendations on the internet.

Like I think my microwave oven is the not only good it's the best I've had it's a Samsung others may not agree. 

11 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

is the not only good it's the best I've had

I think with many devices there is no such thing as "the best".

What is the best? The best looking, the one which uses minimum electricity, a small one, a big one, one with lots of features or one with just the basics which is very easy to use?

we bought a franke oven for our other house, very happy with it, always worked well,  in our new house we have a teka oven and cook top, cook top is great and while the oven does a good job the touch buttons have never worked properly since new, trying to get teka to sort it out is impossible. One thing we did learn is that you have to have earth wiring for the ovens & extraction fans  to work properly or they dont last very long.

Edited by seajae
  • Thanks 1

Teka Kuchentechnik

Address
Saha Sri Phum Place, Manee Nopparat Road, Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, 50200, Thailand

Coordinates
18.796034, 98.983807

Got a full kitchen set of appliances from Tekka about 15 years ago.  No problems.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What is the best? The best looking, the one which uses minimum electricity, a small one, a big one, one with lots of features or one with just the basics which is very easy to use?

Yes agree, sorry I wasn't very clear was I. I meant in terms of reliability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seajae said:

we bought a franke oven for our other house, very happy with it, always worked well,  in our new house we have a teka oven and cook top, cook top is great and while the oven does a good job the touch buttons have never worked properly since new, trying to get teka to sort it out is impossible. One thing we did learn is that you have to have earth wiring for the ovens & extraction fans  to work properly or they dont last very long.

Many thanks

1 hour ago, seajae said:

One thing we did learn is that you have to have earth wiring for the ovens & extraction fans  to work properly or they dont last very long.

Earth wires are also good for humans, otherwise they possibly don't last very long. ???? 

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There is a best IMO what I have is the best for me. 

57 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's what all those iPhone users think. Until the next model, and the next model, and the next model... 

Some of the family are mobile phone upgrade mad but I don't mind I get the handme downs. ????

• Like 1

Last year we bought an EVE electric oven, MEX gas cooktop (Smeg's cheap brand) and a GRACE range hood, all in the moderate price range. Happy with the first two but the range hood is too noisy even on a low setting. They were bought for specific features that we wanted so no special recommendation verses other brands.

Edited by GreasyFingers