Visa Options

Hi All, 

I entered Thailand with a two month tourist visa & have just extended it for another month, I normally fly to Penang for another tourist visa but never I've heard that since the pandemic a lot of the agents have closed & also the Thai embassy are only allowing 50 people max a day (this may of changed)  so was thinking of possibly Laos or Cambodia as I've heard you don't need  to submit as much information (flight & accommodation etc)  my other option is to just fly back in get 45 day visa exempt & then extend it for another month & if I was to do this what would I need to provide, onward flight ticket, proof of funds etc? I'm basically looking for the easiest way possible, with the least hassle......

Thanks in advance...

Baz

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How much longer time frame are you hoping to spend in Thailand.

Where are you located in Thailand. 

I was planning on staying here till end of April, then fly back to the U.K, im in Krabi....

39 minutes ago, steve187 said:

just do a border hop to Cambodia land crossing for a 45 visa exempt entry.

I'm in Krabi & used to do border hops at the Saturn border, can you still just cross into Malaysian border & come straight back or do you have stay there for a few days etc?

13 minutes ago, Bazerino said:

I was planning on staying here till end of April, then fly back to the U.K, im in Krabi....

So your 30 day extension to tv will end mid Feb.

Perfect timing for a border bounce and visa exempt entry prior to march 31.

That will give you 45 days + you can extend by 30.

That achieves your stay.

Your main issue is location Krabi.

Suggest you look at options flight wise to somewhere such as Udon Thani with easy run to Nong Khai or best flight option from Krabi .

You don't need another tourist visa for your plan 

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So your 30 day extension to tv will end mid Feb.

Perfect timing for a border bounce and visa exempt entry prior to march 31.

That will give you 45 days + you can extend by 30.

That achieves your stay.

Your main issue is location Krabi.

Suggest you look at options flight wise to somewhere such as Udon Thani with easy run to Nong Khai or best flight option from Krabi .

You don't need another tourist visa for your plan 

I'm happy to fly out for a couple of weeks to either Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia & then fly back, apart from possibly Vaccination proof, will I have to show proof of funds or an onward flight ticket?

Edited by Bazerino
mistake

1 minute ago, Bazerino said:

I'm happy to fly out for a couple of weeks to either Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia & then fly back, apart from possibly Vaccination proof which I have to show proof of funds or an onward flight ticket?

A return flight to the countries you mention flying visa exempt would almost certainly require an onward flight for the airline on return leg. 

Proof of funds is very rarely required (almost never) however 20k baht not huge bucks. 

Depending on your passport country you may be able to enter Vietnam visa exempt. Just an added option.

49 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

A return flight to the countries you mention flying visa exempt would almost certainly require an onward flight for the airline on return leg. 

Proof of funds is very rarely required (almost never) however 20k baht not huge bucks. 

Depending on your passport country you may be able to enter Vietnam visa exempt. Just an added option.

Would it have to be within the 45 day visa except as I want to extend it for another month after this.....

2 minutes ago, Bazerino said:

Would it have to be within the 45 day visa except as I want to extend it for another month after this.....

Yes it would need to be within 45 (normally 30) 

If it's a rent a ticket or throw away ticket or one you plan to cancel the return date is just to satisfy airline. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If it's a rent a ticket or throw away ticket or one you plan to cancel the return date is just to satisfy airline. 

O.K., thanks for your help much appreciated, are these throw away tickets fool proof, can they be checked etc? oh & just one more thing, will i need to show proof (booking) of accommodation for my entire stay like if i was applying for a visa?

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

4 minutes ago, Bazerino said:

are these throw away tickets fool proof, can they be checked etc? oh & just one more thing, will i need to show proof (booking) of accommodation for my entire stay like if i was applying for a visa?

For a visa exempt entry the requirement for onward flight from nearby countries will be required by airline at departure. 

The term "throw away ticket" actually means a real ticket that you don't intend to use. 

Eg cheapest flight out of Thailand. 

A "rent a ticket" is a real ticket and can be checked by airline. No problem. 

It self destructs in short time frame eg 48hours.

Cost much less ~15usd. 

A real throw away ticket is `~1500baht. Both work.

Proof of accommodation not required. 

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

For a visa exempt entry the requirement for onward flight from nearby countries will be required by airline at departure. 

The term "throw away ticket" actually means a real ticket that you don't intend to use. 

Eg cheapest flight out of Thailand. 

A "rent a ticket" is a real ticket and can be checked by airline. No problem. 

It self destructs in short time frame eg 48hours.

Cost much less ~15usd. 

A real throw away ticket is `~1500baht. Both work.

Proof of accommodation not required. 

Just now, Bazerino said:

That's great, thanks for all your help, if its just proof of a flight out of the country then ill be going for the 45 days & then extend for a month, I've seen a flight with Thai airways with a flexible option to change flight date for an extra fee, but will look at these throw away tickets, real tickets etc.....

Cheers

Baz