Police Press Charges against Bentley Driver

anchadian

I think we all know what the outcome will be:

BANGKOK, Jan 9 (TNA) – The police pressed charges against the Bentley driver for reckless driving that causes damage and injuries to others after the accident, which involved three vehicles on an expressway early Sunday.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1091201

1673257771_606812-tnamcot.jpg.webp
1673257760_072433-tnamcot.jpg.webp

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

The hisos can do no wrong. That's why I'd never teach at a private nor international school again.

The best international schools are as powerful as the ‘hi-so’s’ and the good ones protect their teachers. 

i.e. Bangkok Patana has the children of some very powerful people still on the waiting list -they can’t get in due to national quota’s no matter who their parents try to bribe... (some of the Thai kids in my Son’s class were waiting to get in for a couple of years)....

1 minute ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

OTOH, out here in Issan, some kid's out of line in my class, I let the dept head know. Next time I see them they're as quiet as a mouse. Heh.

A 150-200k Baht per month Salary at a Top international school vs a 30-50,000 baht per month Salary at a rural school...  hmmm....

All the teachers I know that teach in International schools suggest that while standards are far higher teaching at the Top International schools discipline in the classroom is actually much easier...  Perhaps mileage varies and it depends on the level of school.

Some of my Sons class mates are from extremely wealthy and connected families, their parents are extremely friendly and polite... we’ve holidayed a few times with them... while the children can be a little spoiled and there is certainly an element of ‘little prince syndrome’ the impression I get from the teachers it that they kids are different in school and extremely polite. This may of course be different once they reach mid-teens.