Food drama: You asked for a giant plate of Khao Man Kai - that's what you got: Jaan Yak na khrap!

webfact

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The blue plate is bigger. ???? 

And if the chicken pieces have similar size, which is likely, then there seems to be also more rice.

Personally I order and then I tell them add more chicken and add some more and maybe some more and then I pay. Does it really matter if it is 50B or 80B? 

Depends on ones rung on the ladder.

Ok wife and I laugh, noodle soup with pork balls... standard bowl 3 baht... buddy you want big bowl 5 baht... aloy mack.. yea it was 1975... but I still ask her for the 5 baht bowl... and she knows what I want.....

Sorry but this just made me laugh.....you got more rice, bigger plate and maybe thicker cuts of chicken. Damn lad enjoy an quit yr bitchin...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The blue plate is bigger. ???? 

And if the chicken pieces have similar size, which is likely, then there seems to be also more rice.

Personally I order and then I tell them add more chicken and add some more and maybe some more and then I pay. Does it really matter if it is 50B or 80B? 

About 15 baht bigger by my cheap Charlie eye's. 

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

Khao Man Kai (Hainan chicken rice)

While we are talking about misunderstanding words - he wouldn't have gotten chicken at all if he ordered Khao Man Kai, just cooked rice with egg

The original Thai article referenced chicken/gai throughout, not egg/kai.   Probably an error on the part of whoever posted the OP, not the report.

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Make up your mind!   "Nearly two times the price" would be nearly 100% more, not 60%!   60% is just over half as much again, not nearly two times the price.

Closer to 2 x the price than the same price though....!

• Like 1