Savankhet nono visa

Not sure about the embassy in Savannakhet , but to do the extension for a year at your local immigration office you definitely need the funds.

What other documents do you have for the savannakhet embassy?

Edited by 2009

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

Not sure about the embassy in Savannakhet , but to do the extension for a year at your local immigration office you definitely need the funds.

What other documents do you have for the savannakhet embassy?

I have lived in Thailand 23 years I have all the documents , been on  nono for over 20 years, also just turned 50 so I have a few options including a little holiday maybe in Laos .Thank you for your reply.

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

Thank you for your reply I was looking for the yearly nono but it does not seem to mention this .

43 minutes ago, expatocean said:

I have lived in Thailand 23 years I have all the documents , been on  nono for over 20 years, also just turned 50 so I have a few options including a little holiday maybe in Laos .Thank you for your reply.

Ok, I am not sure I understand what you are asking.

13 hours ago, expatocean said:

Thank you for your reply I was looking for the yearly nono but it does not seem to mention this .

They do offer an annual non o dependant at Savannakhet (same as marriage) for 5000 baht as apposed to the 2000 stated on the website, they just don't mention it there. Been a few trip reports of successfully obtaining an annual obviously with the stipulation of doing an exit and re entry every 90 days to activate the next 90 day visit. I believe if the figures are correct you can get 17 months out of that one if you leave right before it ends and then tag on the 60 day extension at an Imm office in Thailand afterwards. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 5:07 PM, expatocean said:

Although the Non Imm O ME isn't listed on their website, they still issue it.
I confirmed it recently for a friend who applied and received it less than a month ago.

Edited by Liquorice

14 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Although the Non Imm O ME isn't listed on their website, they still issue it.
I confirmed it recently for a friend who applied and received it less than a month ago.

Thank you Liquorice,do you know if they asked to provide proof of funds in Thai bank acc IE 400,000 Bhatt?

13 minutes ago, expatocean said:

Thank you Liquorice,do you know if they asked to provide proof of funds in Thai bank acc IE 400,000 Bhatt?

Proof of funds were not required for the Non Imm O ME based on Thai spouse/family.
5,000 BHT visa fee.

Give them a call yourself to confirm.
https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/page/104407-applying-for-visa?menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453d

• 5 months later...
On 1/12/2023 at 5:46 PM, dontpanic said:

Yes as stated by liquorice no funds need to be shown at Savannakhet for the annual non o marriage/dependant. 

Can you get a retirement visa there, without funds in a Thai bank too? If so what do you need to provide to Laos consulate, please?

17 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Can you get a retirement visa there, without funds in a Thai bank too? If so what do you need to provide to Laos consulate, please?

The retirement one I'm not sure about as I would go for the dependant, sorry. I know not related but I have later found out that you can't get an annual dependant from Savannakhet only marriage but can still get the single dependant which still gives about 5 months with extension. 

12 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

For a Non O visa (over age 50, informally "retirement") you must show proof of funds, but it is acceptable for the money to be in a bank account outside Thailand. If the bank statement is not in English or Thai, a translation will be needed.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, BritTim said:

For a Non O visa (over age 50, informally "retirement") you must show proof of funds, but it is acceptable for the money to be in a bank account outside Thailand. If the bank statement is not in English or Thai, a translation will be needed.

Thanks for info and sorry to be pedantic, but what amount do they want to see in my UK bank and for how long? I get a second pension just before Xmas, that will give me +65k monthly total income but the visa will be required 2 months before that starts (30th Sept). I do have funds 'sitting' in my UK account.

I'm 66 next birthday and had a 'B' visa for the last 11 years.

Edited by DILLIGAD

6 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Thanks for info and sorry to be pedantic, but what amount do they want to see in my UK bank and for how long? I get a second pension just before Xmas, that will give me +65k monthly total income but the visa will be required 2 months before that starts (30th Sept). I do have funds 'sitting' in my UK account.

I'm 66 next birthday and had a 'B' visa for the last 11 years.

The funds must be the equivalent of 800,000 Thai baht. They do not seem to be strict on funds seasoning, but might raise an eyebrow if your account balance suddenly goes from zero to 20,000 pounds just before the application.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 11:19 AM, Liquorice said:

Proof of funds were not required for the Non Imm O ME based on Thai spouse/family.
5,000 BHT visa fee.

Give them a call yourself to confirm.
https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/page/104407-applying-for-visa?menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453d

Hello It is possible to get a Visa Non Immigrant O Multiple Entry (5000 Thb) based on Thai Child at Savannakhet Thai Embassy ?

Thank you 

35 minutes ago, sarayoot said:

Hello It is possible to get a Visa Non Immigrant O Multiple Entry (5000 Thb) based on Thai Child at Savannakhet Thai Embassy ?

Thank you 

Unfortunately not, though they will issue you single entry Non O visas to visit your child.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sarayoot said:

Ok Thank you very much. Actually Where Can I Get a Visa Non Immigrant O (Thai Child) Multiple Entry ? Penang ? Thanks in advance

No.

You can obtain a Non O based on Thai child and subsequent 12 month extension and then buy multiple reentry permit. 

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, sarayoot said:

Ok Thank you very much. Actually Where Can I Get a Visa Non Immigrant O (Thai Child) Multiple Entry ? Penang ? Thanks in advance

It has been reported that Penang no longer does the multiple entry Non O (Thai child) visa. I am aware of nowhere that does.

You can go the route of (i) single entry Non O; (ii) 60-day extension to visit your child; (iii) repeat. The other alternative, if you can qualify, is Non O visa followed by one-year extension (optionally combined with re-entry permits).

On 7/27/2023 at 9:14 PM, BritTim said:

It has been reported that Penang no longer does the multiple entry Non O (Thai child) visa. I am aware of nowhere that does.

You can go the route of (i) single entry Non O; (ii) 60-day extension to visit your child; (iii) repeat. The other alternative, if you can qualify, is Non O visa followed by one-year extension (optionally combined with re-entry permits).

I'm wondering, when is the latest i can do a 12 month extension on my non-O visa, is it 30 days or 14 days prior to it ending? What do I need to bring to the immigration office in Ubon, using the income method? Thank you.

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

I'm wondering, when is the latest i can do a 12 month extension on my non-O visa, is it 30 days or 14 days prior to it ending? What do I need to bring to the immigration office in Ubon, using the income method? Thank you.

In principle, you can do it on the last day of your current permission to stay. However, it is prudent to do it at least a few days earlier in case anything unexpected is encountered. You lose no time on the eventual expiry date of the new extension by doing it early.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

In principle, you can do it on the last day of your current permission to stay. However, it is prudent to do it at least a few days earlier in case anything unexpected is encountered. You lose no time on the eventual expiry date of the new extension by doing it early.

Thanks! Just to be clear, I'll be extending my Non-O 90 day visa that I got in Laos, this will be my first 12 month extension. Do you know what documents I need to bring with me?

5 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

Thanks! Just to be clear, I'll be extending my Non-O 90 day visa that I got in Laos, this will be my first 12 month extension. Do you know what documents I need to bring with me?

If you are intending to extend based on retirement using income, it may not be possible without a letter from your embassy. What is your nationality? Some nationalities cannot get income letters from their embassies, and many immigration offices will only allow the alternative of transfers to a Thai bank account if you have those for every month for the last 12 months. You may need to discuss this with your local immigration office.