Crashed my ninja possible bent neck?

ZXHY600

Just crashed my ninja 600. Two cars suddenly stopped in front of me, panicked and lost traction. Front wheel hit a car. It seems the neck is slightly bent without cracks. Took it to a shop that says it can straighten the neck without any structural issues. What's your opinion on this? Is it safe? Or would it be better to buy a whole new frame? Or sell the bike for parts? 

3 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

I think you know your answer.   Ask your gut............what's the first answer that comes to mind?   my feeling is, and I agree with you, your first thought is to either buy a new frame or sell it for parts.   Even if back home, I might do the same.  After an accident, things are never the same and i'm not sure it will be fixed to put your mind at total ease.   pretty big risk to take................especially on a bike with that kind of power.  

I don't know because I don't have much experience with this. 

Metals strength after flexing changes a lot depending on how much has elastically failed.  Not an expert at all but I could tell when I would scrap the frame once I saw the  extent of damage close up. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Metals strength after flexing changes a lot depending on how much has elastically failed.  Not an expert at all but I could tell when I would scrap the frame once I saw the  extent of damage close up. 

The shop said they wouldn't do anything unless they deem it safe. But I have no clue 

Depending on price of a new frame and inspecting the damaged one.

Frame can be magna fluxed, magnetic particle inspection or even x-rayed for cracks

https://www.tndt.co.th/en/aboutus/about-business/

My friend works at the above company and is a hard core motorcyclist

I've done bike frames where I'm from. X ray inspection on a changed head angle and rewelding. 

Edited by kwonitoy
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, ZXHY600 said:

Just crashed my ninja 600. Two cars suddenly stopped in front of me, panicked and lost traction. Front wheel hit a car. It seems the neck is slightly bent without cracks. Took it to a shop that says it can straighten the neck without any structural issues. What's your opinion on this? Is it safe? Or would it be better to buy a whole new frame? Or sell the bike for parts? 

As per others - can you post some pics?

3 minutes ago, roo860 said:

A  newbie then.

What is it you don´t get? Newbie after 35 years. Newbie, just because I do not trust repair on a bike frame.

Seems more to me, that you are the one having problem with the meaning of a simple word. On the other hand, maybe you just trying to be a bad a55

• Love It 1

If it is not too expensive, then I would let them straighten it and then sell the bike (and make sure the buyer knows that the bike has a crash).

But it obviously also depends on what you do with the bike. Short runs to 7/11? Or do you use it like you are supposed to use a Ninja 600?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ZXHY600 said:

Or would it be better to buy a whole new frame?

I just did a quick search, and you're looking at about Baht 50k for the frame...I don't know the year of your bike, but it seems it was used from 2009 up to at least 2017

Screenshot_20230111_110241.png

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But it obviously also depends on what you do with the bike.   ? Or do you use it like you are supposed to use a Ninja 600?

Designed for race track.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1