TM30 quesiton

My relatives who live in China have arrived in Thailand and want to get vaccinated. The govt hospital advised us that they need to show a TM.30 to be eligible for vaccination. I'm guessing that what the hospital wants is to see the receipt. At any rate, what do we need to do to get the TM30s for them? I haven't a clue how to go about this and the govt instructions are unclear.

Also, they arrived a few weeks ago. Should we already have submitted the form? If so, what's the penalty for late submission?

It turns out that the informaton I got from my relatives was somewhat garbled. The TM30 has nothing to do with the vaccination. They do need it to get an extension of stay. I am still clueless about what my wife, who is a thai citizen and owner of our home, needs to do.

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It turns out that the informaton I got from my relatives was somewhat garbled. The TM30 has nothing to do with the vaccination. They do need it to get an extension of stay. I am still clueless about what my wife, who is a thai citizen and owner of our home, needs to do.

Anyone staying at your wife's house, e.g. foreigner, husband must be reported to immigration by your wife, i.e. immigration wants to know the whereabouts of foreigners, including hubby, so she must either go online and report them staying with her, or go into immigration and report them staying with her.

With regard to vaccinations, I am pretty sure any private hospital will give them vaccinations for a price.

EDIT: The immigration office we go to, advised my wife that there is a 2,000 baht fine if she didn't report me, her husband every time I returned from overseas, even thought I have a marriage extension, 7 years, renewed every year, this includes any guests staying with us from overseas, e.g. my daughter who comes over every 2 years for 4 weeks.

The above said, this may vary at different immigration offices, so a telephone call to them should straighten it out.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

EDIT: The immigration office we go to, advised my wife that there is a 2,000 baht fine if she didn't report me, her husband every time I returned from overseas

If you return to Thailand with a reentry permit a TM30 is not required unless you are changing address.

Which immigration office? 

OP your wife needs to do TM30 for your guests since they intend to apply for an extension. Do not concern yourself that it wasn't done as soon as they moved in.

Do it prior to them applying for extension. 

2.2 in this.....

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=689134

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

If you return to Thailand with a reentry permit a TM30 is not required. Which immigration office? 

OP your wife needs to do TM30 for your guests since they intend to apply for an extension. 

I return every time with a re-entry permit and my wife has to report that I am back. Sakon Nakhon.

My wife has to report any guests who arrive from overseas and stay here, again, including me who returns on a re-entry visa.

My daughter who comes over for the required time without a visa, usually 28 days also has to be reported.

Now are we going to argue with these guys, no. 

Are they right or wrong, we don't know, we just do as they ask.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Now are we going to argue with these guys, no. 

Are they right or wrong, we don't know, we just do as they ask.

Yes most likely pointing out the correct rules won't get you anywhere.

However don't be confused about if they (immigration) are right or wrong.

They are wrong..

The rules were changed June 2020. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes most likely pointing out the correct rules won't get you anywhere.

However don't be confused about if they (immigration) are right or wrong.

They are wrong..

The rules were changed June 2020. 

I have no idea if my wife reporting me from every overseas trip with me having a re-entry permit every time, or my daughter staying with us for under 4 weeks every 2 years has anything to do with a TM-30 or not, but I would love to sight the regulation that they dropped this reporting for my own knowledge if anyone has one laying around.

Putting that under an IO's nose would no doubt pee him off because that would be considered "loss of face", translated in English (EGO), and I wouldn't want to do that now would I ?

Also, it is my understanding that the regulations are at the discretion of each immigration office ?

29 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would love to sight the regulation that they dropped this reporting for my own knowledge if anyone has one laying around.

If willing to do a bit of sleuthing, perhaps the info below could help you track down the actual legislation (I'm afraid my Thai ability is nowhere near the requirement to search the Royal Gazette - https://ratchakitcha2.soc.go.th/ - but I'm sure you or your wife could find it given the date of publication is known). 

"The Royal Thai Police has recently issued the new Regulation which provides some Expats’ relief on the requirement of TM30 reporting, as well as for property owners (i.e., house-master, owners or lessors of a residence) and hotel managers in Thailand. The new Regulation was published in the Government Gazette on 16 June 2020 and it has been effective from 30 June 2020 onwards.

According to the new Regulation, property owners and hotel managers are required to submit TM30 report only for the first time when the foreigner arrives at their premises. It is no longer required to repeatedly submit TM30 reports every time when a foreigner travels out of the country or temporary stays in other premises (i.e., no need to re-report upon returns to stay in the same premises within the check-in period, rental period, or within the period of their re-entry permit)."

https://www.pkfthailand.asia/update-on-relief-for-tm30-filing-requirements/

Edit: This article from a legal firm actually mentions your situation with re-entry permits:

"The new rules are applicable to all foreign nationals who stay in Thailand on any type of visa, including holders of multiple-entry visas and re-entry permits which enable the holders to leave and return to Thailand within their visa validity period."

https://www.tilleke.com/insights/thailand-relax-rules-tm30-immigration-requirements/

Edited by Salerno
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

but I would love to sight the regulation that they dropped this reporting for my own knowledge if anyone has one laying around.

I posted link earlier in thread few posts back.

Read specifically 2.2

In addition google "new TM30 rules AseanNow" 

And there are host of threads explaining the change to the rules. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I posted link earlier in thread few posts back.

Read specifically 2.2

In addition google "new TM30 rules AseanNow" 

And there are host of threads explaining the change to the rules. 

you seem to have a lot of time on your hands,  maybe drop an email to all the Immigration Offices informing them of the rule change.

You can add Phetchabun to your list of rogue offices. Still 1600 Baht fine for not doing a TM30 on return to your residence after an overseas trip.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, brianburi said:

you seem to have a lot of time on your hands,  maybe drop an email to all the Immigration Offices informing them of the rule change.

You can add Phetchabun to your list of rogue offices. Still 1600 Baht fine for not doing a TM30 on return to your residence after an overseas trip.

What's your point.

I dont deal with Phetchabun.

Perhaps you should take it up with them.

I deal with CW which is an office that follows the rule changes to TM30 so all good in my backyard. 

Edited by DrJack54

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Anyone staying at your wife's house, e.g. foreigner, husband must be reported to immigration by your wife, i.e. immigration wants to know the whereabouts of foreigners, including hubby, so she must either go online and report them staying with her, or go into immigration and report them staying with her.

With regard to vaccinations, I am pretty sure any private hospital will give them vaccinations for a price.

EDIT: The immigration office we go to, advised my wife that there is a 2,000 baht fine if she didn't report me, her husband every time I returned from overseas, even thought I have a marriage extension, 7 years, renewed every year, this includes any guests staying with us from overseas, e.g. my daughter who comes over every 2 years for 4 weeks.

The above said, this may vary at different immigration offices, so a telephone call to them should straighten it out.

Really! You will probably need to find out how many IO's work at the office you are phoning, and find out what each officers interpretation of the rule is. ????

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Really! You will probably need to find out how many IO's work at the office you are phoning, and find out what each officers interpretation of the rule is. ????

1st call:

Wife to IO; does my husband need to go in to do a TM30 as he just returned from overseas ?

IO to Wife: No

Wife 2nd call to IO upon my request as I wasn't convinced, i.e. I knew we had to do something:

Different IO to Wife: No your husband doesn't need to come in, but you do as you are the blue book holder of the house.

We both go in, an hour 30 minutes travel to the IO.

IO to Wife: Oh, why did you come here, it's such a long drive.

Wife to IO: That is what I was told by two different IO's when I called.

IO to Wife: You didn't speak to me, so know you know that you can do it online in the future.

Wife to me in the car: I hate these guys ????

Me to wife in the car: :stoner:

• Haha 2

On 1/11/2023 at 3:55 AM, 4MyEgo said:

My wife had to pay 800 THB at Immigration in Bangkok as the TM30 registration did not work online. We went to the immigration for doing an 1-year extension when we found out the online registration haven´t work. Probably her fault. So we did pay the fine and then went on with the extension.

• Thanks 1

I'll be heading up country to Udon from Pattaya for about 10 days. Staying at private residence. Is anybody bothering chasing up an immigration office to do TM30 deep in the countryside?

And let's assume online reporting isn't working? Would you try to do a report in advance at your local?

Edited by TimeMachine