UK Passport fees for ALL applications rise next month !

The cost of applying for a new British passport will rise next month.

The government said it will introduce new passport fees for all applications on February 2, which will affect those newly applying or renewing their passport.

The fee for a standard online application made from within the UK will rise from £75.50 to £82.50 for adults and £49 to £53.50 for children.

Postal applications will increase from £85 to £93 for adults and £58.50 to £64 for children.

Up to £8.25 per year for a British passport seems quite reasonable. Many I know would gladly pay a little more to get a better service. I've never had to renew a British passport from Bangkok so don't know what that costs. Anyone?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Up to £8.25 per year for a British passport seems quite reasonable. Many I know would gladly pay a little more to get a better service. I've never had to renew a British passport from Bangkok so don't know what that costs. Anyone?

Currently;

image.png.9fc7f90028d2996b56701b099b53bf85.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

How do you think you will be getting better service?  

A faster service with communication email on receipt, processing, issuance and despatch. That would remove anxiety of not knowing when passport will be received or if it was even being processed. 

On 1/13/2023 at 11:49 AM, soi3eddie said:

A faster service with communication email on receipt, processing, issuance and despatch. That would remove anxiety of not knowing when passport will be received or if it was even being processed. 

Reverting to your previous question, I paid £128.51 for my new passport last October. However, this is of the "jumbo" variety, and a standard passport would have cost me £10 less. In addition to HMPO's fees, though, you also need to factor in other costs like (a) photos (£12.99 from a Snappy Snaps branch during a trip to the UK in my case), (b) colour copies of each and every page of your existing passport (150 THB in my case), and, most significantly, (c) 2 return trips to a rundown office building with a silly name from wherever you live (10,000 THB in my case from near Rayong).

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1