Bentley case gets murkier with methamphetamine detected in owner’s bloodstream but not drunk

webfact

7 minutes ago, Robin said:

I hate this sort of behaviour as much as any one, but, to be fair, the fien should be for the offence, not how much he can afford.  if th law says the fine fro Drug driving is max XX Baht, hen he can only be fined XX Baht, even i this is small change to him.  

I hope the loss of reputation of integrity will hurt him more  ( though do any Thais care about personal integrity?)

Thailand is not the only country in the world, where the rich and influential are seen to get get preferential treatment.

I think that in UK, an offenders financial situation is taken into account when issuing fines. Makes sense to me. No good fining someone if they cannot afford it. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

It’s time to realize the harsh realities of the real world. People like him or the Red Bull guy feel more entitled than a noodle street vendor. The reality is they are.  For all the contributions they make to the economy and the society they’ve earned the better treatment they expect than does a common person. It’s the case everywhere and not just here. 

Edited by AustinRacing

8 hours ago, kotsak said:

fines should be proportionate to the value of the car

Such nonsense.  What if the multi-millionaire been driving one of his company's pickups in the same accident, you'd be happy with a "proportional fine" then?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

This man committed traffic offences in a terribly irresponsible way (even though there were no serious injuries) but he has acknowledged his resposibility, he has been charged with a number of offences (with more to come) and he has promised full compensation, including new vehicles to all involved.   What more than that could he do for those involved and why so much continued condemnation of him by Thaivisa ranters?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, stoner said:
12 hours ago, webfact said:

Police revealed on Friday that illicit drugs had been detected in the bloodstream of the owner of a Bentley Continental car which was involved in a six-vehicle collision in Bangkok on Sunday night

what exactly is there to confirm here ? 

In order for it to get anywhere in court, the specific narcotic, that's what.

5 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Book the fellow, fine him according to this wealth

He has been booked but now you want the laws that specify the fines applicable ignored just for his case?   Or are you suggesting that there should be no limit on the size of fines for everyone and every offence?

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
6 hours ago, newnative said:

'...had political connections.'   And, likely still does.  So, off he skips.

Really?  So far he hasn't "skipped off" anywhere.

He didn’t kill anyone... so no need too...    He’ll just pay whatever arbitrary fine they throw at him... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robin said:

I hate this sort of behaviour as much as any one, but, to be fair, the fien should be for the offence, not how much he can afford.  if th law says the fine fro Drug driving is max XX Baht, hen he can only be fined XX Baht, even i this is small change to him.  

I hope the loss of reputation of integrity will hurt him more  ( though do any Thais care about personal integrity?)

Thailand is not the only country in the world, where the rich and influential are seen to get get preferential treatment.

Steady on, you're making perfectly rational sense, that will not go down well with some unreasonably illogical Thaivisa posters!

• Love It 1

45 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What more than that could he do for those involved and why so much continued condemnation of him by Thaivisa ranters?

Surely you don’t think his actions are not worthy of condemnation ??

I do agree... he’s taken responsibility, or, rather, he has sufficient funds to allow his money to take responsibility for him.....

I won’t hold my breath to actually see him stick to his word though and replace the vehicles he destroyed. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1