Saturday Night Fever in Pattaya - What a disappointment

Mickeymaus

17 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Also, many of bars have too high prices

Exactly that and just too high for all the rubbernecks populating the pavement.

And WS is not THE center of open bars which you can checkout from the street.

If you want to know what's going on you have to walk in to the high priced places where not so old ladies are found.

Being in Pattaya for more than 15 years and being surprised how many old/fat/ugly women hang around beach road?? (and many of them on a business trip from wherever in the world, e.g. the lovelies from Turkmenistan and similar).

Edited by KhunBENQ

41 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

many of bars have too high prices, especially for bar fines, and takeout services.

People often moan that Walking st drink prices are way higher than LK Metro for example. The agogos i go to in WS are 50, 55, 90, 95 baht for draft. I don't bar fine from there anymore as I don't need to, but I don't blame the tourists 

26 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

What should I do in a GoGo bar. Sitting there and watching girls or whatever dancing is no entertainment for me. And paying drinks that you can talk to them. This is no conversation for me. 

what do you do in ladybars? still got to buy them drinks to talk to you

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

what bar was that? I've given up on Windmill, just fuglies in there, no quality control in there 

Pinup. I tried Palace after but the only available seats were in the corner. At those prices I want a decent seat or I'm not buying. Pinup was good a couple of months ago but not lately. I think the nightclubs might be better value later but past my bedtime. The whole town seems to be a talent free zone lately. Even TF is much worse than it was before covid.

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Pinup. I tried Palace after but the only available seats were in the corner. At those prices I want a decent seat or I'm not buying. Pinup was good a couple of months ago but not lately. I think the nightclubs might be better value later but past my bedtime. The whole town seems to be a talent free zone lately. Even TF is much worse than it was before covid.

Many girls from Pinup have moved to XS, same owner, 100+ girls in there 8-10s, no fuglies

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

what do you do in ladybars? still got to buy them drinks to talk to you

Do not get me wrong. I have no problem with people going to bars. There are also people who enthusiastically watch Formula 1 races or tennis matches or golf tournaments. But all this is not my world. The last time I was in a GoGo bar was about 20 years ago. And this with my Thai girl friend (she never worked in a bar). She wanted to see this. 

Very very hard to believe you can live in central Pattaya and not go to walking street for 15 years at night.  Sort of like living in New Orleans and not going to Bourbon street for 15 years.

I rarely ever go to walking street as not my cup of tea but I at least am curious to visit for a few minutes  every few months just to see what may or may not have changed. 

To each his own is a good motto to live by in Pattaya.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

ok, but no surprise you found it boring you don't like that type of entertainment, next time try an area you may actually like

I think there is more action in the Soi Buakhao area in the meantime. At least I see there more people in the bars. Not sure what will happen with the big Excite Square not far away from Soi Buakhao. Many new empty buildings. A very slow start so far. Recently the bigger Area 32 bar moved from Tree Town to this area. Maybe a start there. 

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/14/pattaya-food-and-herb-fair-is-under-way-part-of-the-official-opening-of-the-new-excite-square-pattaya/

S__17268808.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1