Tree stump removal?

Crossy

Madam has taken down a couple of trees that didn't survive the floods, so now Muggins here has to remove the stumps ???? 

They are too close to the house to use the Anfo technique illustrated here: -

Any ideas on the best / least effort removal technique??

I may just build a couple of raised beds and put some flowers in.

• Love It 1

Sadly, no access for mechanical removal methods other than a baby Kubota excavator ???? 

It's going to be hire some labour to dig out or put a raised bed in.

I might try the potassium nitrate followed by diesel and a match on the one that's a bit further from the house.

• Thumbs Up 1

Had 2 trees blow over last year and one growing at a 45 degree angle straight towards the main subdivision power lines.

One stump was small (about 4 inches max diameter) but the other two were at least a foot across.

Paid the local handyman to dig them up just last week (including as many roots as he could find). Took him almost 2 days and with loads of sweat, all for the princely sum of 1000 baht (he asked for 500). Some of the work was done with a small chainsaw, but the vast majority was with a hatchet and loads of effort.

I've had the large clay pot treatment and still have a few of them, but back to flat lawn looks so much better and easier to maintain, when the grass finally comes back.

This is the result of his hard work on one of the large ones and the small one. Any time I moan about living in Thailand I remind myself that there are so many benefits, including very cheap labour.

image.thumb.jpeg.b94d8652ca4eec795ea90a46dd79af39.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...