Clarkson Axed ! Amazon cancel The Grand Tour and Farm as they cut ties.

18 minutes ago, puchooay said:

The article in the Independent is about supporting for Clarkeson. He'll be back. Plenty of other channels that will realise he's a money spinner. Wouldn't be surprised if Amazon Uturn.

A couple of great dvd/music/video shops in our high street. Usually quite busy. Doing alot of new Vinyl business. 

Clothes shops, coffee shops, shoe shops, bargain shops, furniture shops, opinions, phone shops, gaming shops, a great market every Wednesday and, yes, a few charity shops. Lots to see in our town.

Don’t forget the Vape shops, Britain’s high-streets are booming.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Don’t forget the Vape shops, Britain’s high-streets are booming.

I would comment on how, with the exception of a couple of "to let" signs, the high streets I've  seen are busy. I wouldn't say booming  per se but doing well. Of course, a lot of people shop online these days so there is bound to be a knock on effect. Dozens of Prime, DPD and DHL vans on the roads around the area.

However, I can't back that up with a link so some won't believe.

Never mind. I know what I've seen.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Top Gear fan boy alert!

You are wrong, I NEVER watch it, I watched the original Top Gear, where folk learned something. The modern day Top Gear was just a comedy show, which I personally was not interested in.

But, JC is very good on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire"....

Next.....:stoner:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, transam said:
On 1/22/2023 at 8:00 AM, NanLaew said:

Top Gear fan boy alert!

You are wrong, I NEVER watch it, I watched the original Top Gear, where folk learned something. The modern day Top Gear was just a comedy show, which I personally was not interested in.

But, JC is very good on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire"....

I stand corrected.

Who Wants to be a Millionaire fan boy alert!

2 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Amazon TV is dying anyway if the quality of programming is anything to go by, 2% decent 98% drivel.

For the few things I would want to watch its not worth it.

When purchasing membership of Amazon Prime, the TV channels are just one part of the package. 

Many prople buy the membership for other reasons and consider the TV channel as a bonus. 

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I stand corrected.

Who Wants to be a Millionaire fan boy alert!

You are wrong again, in the evening I watch various stuff on YouTube, JC came up on it with a couple millionaire funny bits, that's it, so stop guessing....Please....:cowboy: 

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Looks like they changed their mind.

It's their most popular show and they've just started filming season 3.

https://www.bt.com/tv/entertainment/clarksons-farm-season-3-release-date-kaleb-cooper-diddly-squat

From the daily mirror OP link from 5 weeks ago.........

"The streaming platform will go ahead with already-commissioned series of The Grand Tour and Clarkson's Farm, but reportedly have no plans to work with the controversial star after 2024."

From your link..................

"Clarkson's Farm season 3 will be the final season of the show.

Variety reports that Prime Video won't be extending their current deal with Clarkson after his comments about Meghan Markle in his Sun newspaper column.

The report says Clarkson's Farm seasons 2 and 3, and four more Grand Tour specials will be Clarkson's last shows on the platform."

No change in mind as far as I can figure.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Looks like they changed their mind.

It's their most popular show and they've just started filming season 3.

https://www.bt.com/tv/entertainment/clarksons-farm-season-3-release-date-kaleb-cooper-diddly-squat

Both seasons of Clarksons Farm are excellent, especially Gerald, can't understand a word he says ????

• Like 1

Amazon knew exactly what JC was before they got into bed with him. Personally I like him. I don't like all his opinion, but most of them are said in jest.

I bought Prime purely because of The Grand Tour. Clarkson's Farm was a bonus. Cancelled it because there is very little else worth watching. I loved the Jack Ryan series, but they keep cancelling what I think is good stuff WAY too soon. I'll probably do the same with Netflix soon too.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:50 AM, NanLaew said:

True but he's becoming increasingly irrelevant so I doubt anyone's going to be in a huge rush to resuscitate this dinosaur.

I think you are spot on. I used to watch Top Gear years ago and liked it but now I think tv execs will look for new stars and he will be forgotten about.

On 1/20/2023 at 5:50 PM, NanLaew said:

True but he's becoming increasingly irrelevant so I doubt anyone's going to be in a huge rush to resuscitate this dinosaur.

Most watched Prime show, only one in the top 50 with 4M viewers.

I'd say program makers would be fighting a bidding war to make future seasons if Prime don't want him.