Clarkson Axed ! Amazon cancel The Grand Tour and Farm as they cut ties.

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Unfortunately, its the way pretty much ‘all media’ has gone....  

... IF it doesn’t grab your attention in the first line then a lot of people won’t read the article. 

So, we end up reading something designed to trigger us only to realise halfway through the article that it the headline is deliberately misleading and bears just thin relevance....

This is particularly notable on this forum in any headline involving the word ‘foreigner’ - I’ve been given a slap on the wrist before on this forum for criticising the peddling of ‘click-baitey’ headlines but have been informed the media team simply ‘re-post’ headlines....  I’d like to see a greater degree of integrity rather than regurgitation of extremely poor and misleading articles... 

Well said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mstevens said:

Jeremy Clarkson was a breath of fresh air and I found him hilarious at times, often saying things many others were thinking, but doing so in an amusing way that most of us could not come up with.

I not infrequently hear people talking negatively about groups I am associated with, including my ethnicity. It doesn't bother me. If that's how they feel then so be it - they should be allowed to voice their opinion. It's not like they're saying to kill me and my ilk!

All of this censorship and wokeness has gone way too far, in my opinion. Do we really wish to live in a world where you cannot say what you think?

I wonder what you'd think about him if he unprovoked physically attacked  You.

2 hours ago, mstevens said:

Jeremy Clarkson was a breath of fresh air and I found him hilarious at times, often saying things many others were thinking, but doing so in an amusing way that most of us could not come up with.

I not infrequently hear people talking negatively about groups I am associated with, including my ethnicity. It doesn't bother me. If that's how they feel then so be it - they should be allowed to voice their opinion. It's not like they're saying to kill me and my ilk!

All of this censorship and wokeness has gone way too far, in my opinion. Do we really wish to live in a world where you cannot say what you think?

Of course you can say what you think. You have that right. But the issue here is that other people have the right to say what they think about what what you think. They also have the right to spend their money where they want.

Hopefully he'll manage to rise back up after this as I did enjoy his shows but that article was extremely offensive and he knows it.

Jeremy Clarkson Has Sent Meghan And Harry An Apology Email

'I said I was baffled by what they had been saying on TV but that the language I'd used in my column was disgraceful and that I was profoundly sorry.'

The statement goes on to say that he was 'mortified and so was everyone else', and even 'very close friends were furious.' As a result, Clarkson says he 'wrote to everyone who works with me saying how sorry I was and then on Christmas morning, I e-mailed Harry and Meghan in California to apologise to them too.'

https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-culture/a42523038/jeremy-clarkson-apology-email-meghan-harry/

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hopefully he'll manage to rise back up after this as I did enjoy his shows but that article was extremely offensive and he knows it.

Jeremy Clarkson Has Sent Meghan And Harry An Apology Email

'I said I was baffled by what they had been saying on TV but that the language I'd used in my column was disgraceful and that I was profoundly sorry.'

The statement goes on to say that he was 'mortified and so was everyone else', and even 'very close friends were furious.' As a result, Clarkson says he 'wrote to everyone who works with me saying how sorry I was and then on Christmas morning, I e-mailed Harry and Meghan in California to apologise to them too.'

https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-culture/a42523038/jeremy-clarkson-apology-email-meghan-harry/

No sympathy. He has form and so knows what the consequences would be. He just can't help running off his foul mouth. And he's a dimwit. I think he must have been auditioning for a gig somewhere on a hate site.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Staunch critics of so-called ‘cancel culture’ are this week demonstrating their dislike of people boycotting problematic individuals and businesses – by cancelling their Amazon Prime subscriptions in protest at the online retailer ‘cutting ties’ with The Grand Tour star Jeremy Clarkson.

Variety reports a press conference for a new series of Clarkson’s Farm didn’t go ahead on Tuesday, and that streaming service Prime Video’s partnership with Clarkson won’t go beyond episodes of The Grand Tour and Clarkson’s Farm that have already been commissioned – meaning the final instalments will be out sometime in 2024.

Prime Video declined to comment when approached by the outlet.

On 1/17/2023 at 10:29 AM, steve187 said:

he has been down before always seems to bounce back up, if only he could bite his tongue 

True but he's becoming increasingly irrelevant so I doubt anyone's going to be in a huge rush to resuscitate this dinosaur.

On 1/18/2023 at 3:30 AM, ozimoron said:

No sympathy. He has form and so knows what the consequences would be. He just can't help running off his foul mouth. And he's a dimwit. I think he must have been auditioning for a gig somewhere on a hate site.

Yep. Such a dimwit he's made millions selling his ideas to TV stations.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, puchooay said:
On 1/18/2023 at 10:30 AM, ozimoron said:

Yep. Such a dimwit he's made millions selling his ideas to TV stations.

..that are slavishly watched by fellow low-brows.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Brits giving up Amazon in response to Clarkson getting served the consequences of running his hate filled mouth.

So it’s back to shopping in town and watching DVDs.

Except the only thing left in town is charity shops and the DVD stores were amongst the fist to shut up shop.

Clarkson has a hate filled mouth, how come.....?   :ermm:

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Brits giving up Amazon in response to Clarkson getting served the consequences of running his hate filled mouth.

So it’s back to shopping in town and watching DVDs.

Except the only thing left in town is charity shops and the DVD stores were amongst the fist to shut up shop.

The article in the Independent is about supporting for Clarkeson. He'll be back. Plenty of other channels that will realise he's a money spinner. Wouldn't be surprised if Amazon Uturn.

A couple of great dvd/music/video shops in our high street. Usually quite busy. Doing alot of new Vinyl business. 

Clothes shops, coffee shops, shoe shops, bargain shops, furniture shops, opinions, phone shops, gaming shops, a great market every Wednesday and, yes, a few charity shops. Lots to see in our town.

Edited by puchooay