What Sort Of Visa?

Hi there

I am a UK citizen who is going to Koh Tao to complete a divemaster & instructors course in Feb next year.

I am a bit bamboozled as to what VISA I should apply for. I would really like the opportunity to stay in Thailand for upto 6 months.

Can you give me some suggestions and where I should apply?

Thanks

BuffyK

Easiest way apply to the Thai Consulate in Hull for a double entry tourist visa this will give you 6 months in Thailand . You/ll recieve 60 days on landing which can be extended by 30 days at any Thai immigration office after which you must depart Thailand although you can return immediately if you wish.......on return you will recieve a further 60 days which can be extended once again for the final 30 days giving you a total of 180 days in the Kingdom. 30 day extensions are 1900 baht.....also you can only apply for the visa in England within the last 30 days before you travel. Check out the Hull website. :o

As George states the non immigrant O visa is another option......only downside is you/ll need a letter from a friend in the UK guaranting to repatriate you should you run out of funds ....its no big deal and you can get the form letter required from the website. Non Imm O (multiple entry) is 90 pound and double entry tourist is 45 pound but you/ll have to add on 2 visits to extend with this one at 1900baht a visit. So price wise it works out virtually the same.......probably less chew on getting the non imm O in the final analysis (providing you can get letter of guarantee)

Thank you very much to everyone that replied.

Can I just clarify one thing, if I apply for the Non Imm 'O', can this be for 6 months, with multiple entires, without having to make a border run to make an extension?

Thanks in advance

BuffyK

Non imm O multiple entry is valid for 1 year....you/ll need to do 1 visa run to the border after 90 days that/ll get you another 90 days on your return. The multiple non imm O will enable you to exit and re enter Thailand as many times as you wish during its validity, should you wish to.

Hi there

I am a UK citizen who is going to Koh Tao to complete a divemaster & instructors course in Feb next year.

I am a bit bamboozled as to what VISA I should apply for. I would really like the opportunity to stay in Thailand for upto 6 months.

Can you give me some suggestions and where I should apply?

Thanks

BuffyK

If the people running the course will provide you with a support letter, the Non-Immigrant visa from Hull will be a breeze.