Germany no longer reliant on Russian energy.

Social Media

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Right. I'm not anti-hydrogen in the least. Lots of progress has been made in creating efficient electrolyzers, I suspect that hydrogen will be most useful as a way of storing excess energy created by renewables. There are many companies working in this area. An Australian one, called Hysata, claims that the cost of its hydrogen had already beaten the price of natural gas before the runup. And in China, a team has claimed success with extracting hydrogen from seawater.

You are spot on that using electrolyzers are the way to go for storage of wind and solar.

Thats always been the downside, if the wind doesn't blow and the sun don't shine.

The ability to store that energy as H2 is a total game changer. That allows you to fill the base load on demand

• 2 weeks later...

i am rooting for hydrogen as ecars  are too much bother and range is too small

even new vw vans only do 30 miles on a charge ,which is hopeless

but but but

Yes, but any mechanical engineer would tell you that the technique is far too costly to justify the effort. It is also true that to convert an automobile from gasoline or diesel to hydrogen, the engine, the complete fuel supply, and distribution system, the transmission, and the gearbox must all be replaced.1 Feb 2022

4 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

i am rooting for hydrogen as ecars  are too much bother and range is too small

even new vw vans only do 30 miles on a charge ,which is hopeless

but but but

Yes, but any mechanical engineer would tell you that the technique is far too costly to justify the effort. It is also true that to convert an automobile from gasoline or diesel to hydrogen, the engine, the complete fuel supply, and distribution system, the transmission, and the gearbox must all be replaced.1 Feb 2022

So your argument against ev is that a VW van has a low range of 30 miles? Actually, it's 82 miles but that still makes it the van with the lowest range of any e-van.

https://www.parkers.co.uk/vans-pickups/volkswagen/transporter/2020-e-transporter-review/#:~:text=But the driving range%3F,range is just 82 miles.

Did you think that such a transparently inaccurate assertion would pass unchallenged? And that your choice of that particular vehicle constitutes some kind of serious evidence?