Visa run using Air Asia?

Don't know whether AirAsia is better but my experiences with Thaismile lst year were bad.

Two examples:

Flight reschedule announced three hours before departure.

Delay of more than 2 hours in the afternoon.

It has never been that bad during COVID.

And one hour from domestic to international with immigration checkpoint?

I would not risk it.

On the other hand: didn't find any delayed arrival of AirAsia at Don Mueang today(!).

Where you come from, where you go to?

Edited by KhunBENQ

26 minutes ago, webber4 said:

Yes, both flights.

If you had stated the actual route and airlines from the start you would have received better advice 

So now finally both legs AirAsia.

Which routes? Booked separately? 

Edited by DrJack54

8 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Sure but you eliminate the lao/thai immigration at the bridge and the taxi ride to UDT airport

true, but for this journey I will need to wake up 4 am to get to the latest flight at 11:30 from surat thani. I'd rather do the ride to border and back in a reasonable hour and also save some money.

If your first flight is an early morning flight, it will usually be on time or close to it. Air Asia flights later in the day are often late, sometimes by multiple hours. If missing the second flight would be only a minor inconvenience, I might risk it if arriving on the first flight in the morning. Otherwise, allow three hours.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

If your first flight is an early morning flight, it will usually be on time or close to it. Air Asia flights later in the day are often late, sometimes by multiple hours. If missing the second flight would be only a minor inconvenience, I might risk it if arriving on the first flight in the morning. Otherwise, allow three hours.

thank you!