Virtual credit card

I simply ordered another physical card and put just enough money on it to pay online for something I need right before the payment.

And as most of the time it has near zero balance I do not care if I leave its credentials on a malicious website.

I use a company that provides virtual cards for online payments.  I did have to create a new card for each seller, but I use the free service and there is no cost for 12 cards a month.

You can set payment limits turn on or off or have a one time use card which is great for free trails that require a credit card. I have a card for my cell phone company set at $5 more than the normal bill so if anything extra is added it wont go through and I get a notice. 

Best of all I dont have to use my real name or address.

The payments for this company to cover my transactions are connected to my US bank and done as an EFT.  If you upgrade to a paid account you get more cards per month and cash back I think it's 1%.  

The company I use is called "Privacy" 

10 hours ago, fdsa said:

I simply ordered another physical card and put just enough money on it to pay online for something I need right before the payment.

And as most of the time it has near zero balance I do not care if I leave its credentials on a malicious website.

Clever and worth copying 

11 hours ago, fdsa said:

Coincidentally Kasikorn sent me an SMS yesterday reminding me my existing K Online debit card would expire at the end of the month. It also informed me I could now apply for a new card via the K Plus app, which I did, so I now have a new virtual debit card.

Note if you log on to KBank internet banking there's the following pop up message. So only available via the K Plus app.

1666024084_2023-01-2110_32_07-KBIZKASIKORNBANK-Brave.jpg.b6361bb0c5233a5e722ce73cae027b1a.jpg

8 hours ago, bokningar said:

So the only way to use it is with that app?

Is there a way to use it on your laptop instead? 

The only way to apply and manage is via the K Plus app, but once issued you can view and note down the card details, you can use those from your computer or anywhere.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, minotaur said:

Where in the kplus phone app do you apply for the shopping card? I couldn't find any reference to it.

Me neither. I also received message from the bank on Friday.

The pop up that appears when logging on via the ‘net states ‘Please reapply ... from February 1, 2023 onward’ but member here Stocky appears to have done so already and been issued with an online card.

1 hour ago, minotaur said:

Where in the kplus phone app do you apply for the shopping card? I couldn't find any reference to it.

6 minutes ago, ArnieP said:

Me neither. I also received message from the bank on Friday.

On the K Plus app home screen bottom row of icons has Debit Card, tap on that and it has an Issue debit card option, follow that and apply and under select card category opt for K Online Debit Card.

• Thanks 2

Thanks for that. I saw the Debit Card button but it said something about delivering it to your home so I assumed it was for the physical card only. I see they're going to charge for it after the first free year. I would have thought they'd be doing quite well with the charges they make on all purchases. It also says something about free overseas insurance. I can't imagine flashing your virtual card would get much of a response abroad.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stocky said:

On the K Plus app home screen bottom row of icons has Debit Card, tap on that and it has an Issue debit card option, follow that and apply and under select card category opt for K Online Debit Card.

Thanks, got one sorted.

I was a bit thrown by ‘Apply for a Debit Card’ window because it looked like it was for a conventional  card which it says will be ‘posted to you within 7 days’. However, once you select that, the categories appear.  

• Like 1