Banners supporting two hunger strikers raised at Thammasat and Chulalongkorn universities

snoop1130

45 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Most Thai adults are either happy with the status quo or too lethargic to do anything, only the young and the brave will change the system, but it will come at a price.

Only if all connections to the military regime are cut will this bring about any sort of change.

This lot will just keep arresting protesters.

I disagree. I think very few are happy with the current regime. However, you are correct that very few are prepared to step up and take any risks. There are some very brave youth here. I really applaud them. My guess is their folks hate the regime as much as they do. For the most part, the heinous Thai army and PM have done an excellent job of repressing any signs of discontent. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I disagree. I think very few are happy with the current regime. However, you are correct that very few are prepared to step up and take any risks. There are some very brave youth here. I really applaud them. My guess is their folks hate the regime as much as they do. For the most part, the heinous Thai army and PM have done an excellent job of repressing any signs of discontent. 

The very few being the elite families, the upper wealth band, officials who can earn bonus payments doing a normal days job, and upper civil servants they are all happy with the status quo.

If only all those who hate this regime including students took to the streets peacefully or vote wisely at the ballot box things would change.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2023 at 12:06 PM, hotchilli said:

The very few being the elite families, the upper wealth band, officials who can earn bonus payments doing a normal days job, and upper civil servants they are all happy with the status quo.

If only all those who hate this regime including students took to the streets peacefully or vote wisely at the ballot box things would change.

" .....vote wisely at the ballot box things would change." unlikly as fault will be found with the vote and it will be disqualified / banned or whatever excuse they can find to invalidate the votes. 

Edited by Artisi

They should not unitarely revoke their bail, but organise large hunger strikes accross country. 
it's pointless to go to prison on their will. 
all those political prisoners already inside should consider hunger strike from the first day of being locked. 

those 2 are not taking any liquids and now in prison hospital. With rapidly deteriorating health. Probably will be put on saline drips. 
But its dangerous not to drink, with long term impact on all body systems. 

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

" .....vote wisely at the ballot box things would change." unlikly as fault will be found with the vote and it will be disqualified / banned or whatever excuse they can find to invalidate the votes. 

In which case the streets would be the next step, but the government would have initiated that move by quashing the vote of a vast majority..

55 minutes ago, internationalism said:

They should not unitarely revoke their bail, but organise large hunger strikes accross country. 
it's pointless to go to prison on their will. 
all those political prisoners already inside should consider hunger strike from the first day of being locked. 

those 2 are not taking any liquids and now in prison hospital. With rapidly deteriorating health. Probably will be put on saline drips. 
But its dangerous not to drink, with long term impact on all body systems. 

Correct, you can survive for a very long period of not eating before the body starts consuming itself, but you can't survive long without water intake. 

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

In which case the streets would be the next step, but the government would have initiated that move by quashing the vote of a vast majority..

Didn't they cancel 20% of the Future Forward parties vote in the last election?

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 3:32 PM, hotchilli said:

Most Thai adults are either happy with the status quo or too lethargic to do anything, only the young and the brave will change the system, but it will come at a price.

Only if all connections to the military regime are cut will this bring about any sort of change.

This lot will just keep arresting protesters.

Aside from obvious, symbolic protests of this romantic nature do little to change or address anything - with the exception that it makes good copy in the suspected press. 

Any such movements for change need to come by way of living one's protest in a most practical manner - en masse. 

• Like 1