Uzbek woman arrested with 2.23 kgs of Cocaine at Phuket Airport

webfact

10 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Sad.  Must be desperate to do such a thing.  How are these drugs and guns getting past the boarding security and making it to Thailand?  

The supplier has billions of whatever  currency they are dealing with.  They probably own both the politicians and the airports.   That's the easy part.     It only takes a few corrupt people to get drugs on a plane.   

I'm sure every second of every second (lol) there is someone taking money to allow drugs to pass.   Sure, it's harder in some countries, but we are talking about Uzbek(ikstan) or however you spell it.

Now I must get on a plane to Uzbek and infiltrate their organization!!!!!   I hope they understand English.  

• Love It 1

9 hours ago, still kicking said:

I do watch a lot of boarder security. in my country most people who are smuggling are Asians whether it is food or drugs and 90% are Chinese and don't tell me the TV shows are stagged I got searched as well 

Can you provide a link to your claim?

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

It was only flour, seemed to work for some.

DUDE! try to find self rising flour in Pattaya! I found a 5 pound bag at the Post Exchange in Okinawa. I bought 2 bags (They were Marines and called it the Base Exchange).

I grabbed TWO EACH FIVE POUND bags of very innocent, self rising flour, as I tend to like American food.

This was back when some idiot was mailing Anthrax around.

Zero checks for anythimg when I hit Don Muang.

This poor Uxbek gal....she was set up so a MUCH larger shipment could get thru.

Edited by jaywalker

2 hours ago, d4dang said:

remember when it was Nigerians? Had so many Nigerians in Klong Prem the annual prison soccer game changed from Internationals against Thais to Nigerians against Internationals and Thais. 

Yes. I do recall that article. It was in a BKK English newspaper. The Nigerians were the most populous in the Bangkok Hilton. Regular old FIFA teams.

20+ years ago. I once took a 35mm camera picture of a Pattaya Mail headline that read "BEACH ROAD CLEARED OF ELEPHANTS AND PROSTITUTES!"

I wish I still had that print.

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, goloeilmanz said:

Just Google it dude. The punishment for smuggling drugs, such as cocaine, into Thailand can be severe. It is considered a serious crime under Thai law and can result in lengthy prison sentences, or even the death penalty. The specific punishment will depend on the amount of drugs involved and the circumstances of the case.

In some Asian countries it's the death penalty, Singapore had an execution last year, Vietnam also has th death penalty.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

DUDE! try to find self rising flour in Pattaya! I found a 5 pound bag at the Post Exchange in Okinawa. I bought 2 bags (They were Marines and called it the Base Exchange).

I grabbed TWO EACH FIVE POUND bags of very innocent, self rising flour, as I tend to like American food.

This was back when some idiot was mailing Anthrax around.

Zero checks for anythimg when I hit Don Muang.

This poor Uxbek gal....she was set up so a MUCH larger shipment could get thru.

Oh yeah, I didn't want flour all over my clothes,, so I did leave the 5 pound bags of self rising flour in the original bags, I encased them in, ziploc bags.

I kinda wish Big Joke had tried to snort it and get high.

11 hours ago, Eddie45 said:

It does matter. I am no expert but in Europe you might get 5-8 years in prison. In Thailand more like 25-30 years.

I thought that once the conviction is final, you get 1 year off each year on the K his birthday if behavior good. Aside of being sent home after like half of it.

So assuming that if you get 40 years, sit 10 years, you get 10 years off = 50% = go home. It would then depend on your home country if you can be sentenced that long, and have to sit that reminder out back home.

I think above is also the issue with many rapists and murderers here, as they very often only get sentenced for up to 10 years, meaning they walk out after just 5 years.

Anyway, one week would be too long in a prison here.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

11 hours ago, Eddie45 said:

It does matter. I am no expert but in Europe you might get 5-8 years in prison. In Thailand more like 25-30 years.

No, after two or three years she will be deportet to her home country.....and uzbekistan is not famous for its comfortable prisons

11 hours ago, still kicking said:

I do watch a lot of boarder security. in my country most people who are smuggling are Asians whether it is food or drugs and 90% are Chinese and don't tell me the TV shows are stagged I got searched as well 

In the early days of the Border Security tv show in Australia I actually met the customs officer that was on the show. I was surprised to hear him say that they only showed the smaller offences on the show. He said that what we saw on the tv show was just the tip of the iceberg.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

To me, the really evil bastards are the ones who set this lady up. Then tipped off customs at BKK. Isn't that anyone's definition of the ultimate scum bag? A middle aged woman banged up for 30 years. And as someone else pointed out, who are the end users of what she was duped into bringing in? Amongst them, for sure, rich xxxxxx driving Ferraris and Lamborghinis who wreck lives then flee. She's at the bottom of the pyramid, but gets hit the hardest. Every time this gets into the news, there's a chorus of "hope she gets what she deserves", "too stupid", "throw away the key" etc etc. Don't you think poverty and desperation play a big role in people's reasons for taking this appalling risk?

No. Not at all. There are stupid poor people and smart poor people. Your story above is over dramatic and silly. There was a reason based on her actions that tipped off someone. It's not the " person" who sent her there!! 

Edited by alex8912

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It barely matters what country you are arrested in. You never want to get caught smuggling a quantity of drugs. It has to be the worst nightmare, and it has to lead to alot of thoughts of "what on earth was I thinking?" 

It matters massively. As others have pointed out, depending on which country you're arrested in, the sentence can range from a relatively few years in jail, to the death penalty. Indonesia for instance, has a long history of executing people (of all nationalities) for drug smuggling.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

14 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

I use to work helping vagrants, the 

homeless,  and drug addicts, i really miss that bar tenders job in wetherspoons..

I've never been in a Wetherspoons but I understand they are a place where the lower class and less affluent members of UK society go.  

Not sure what your comment has to do with what I said

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I've never been in a Wetherspoons but I understand they are a place where the lower class and less affluent members of UK society go.  

and royals

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RedRoadRunner said:

Are we looking at another quality tourist entering Thailand which they are so desperately after ?

When are the people here waking up ?

For sure I know, some can’t be helped !!

what does this even mean? What does a drug mule have to do with tourist quality?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freddy42OZ said:

We both had dealings with a lot of people who were partial to the odd nasel gift, nothing personal , but a good chance a few if them have bit the knot in a wetherspoons toilet 

7 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Not a "poor" woman. Just one drug courier less. 

"She was searched after landing as officers received a tip-off of a suspicious person. The cocaine was found in a laptop bag that she was carrying."

Sacrificial.

The main consignment went through with (possibly protected) professionals  whilst customs was distracted by this mule on the tip off.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

At one point I would say at least 70% of my friends were using it as (one of) their party drug(s), now we are older and some of us party less the numbers have dropped, but many still use it from time to time. 

My former employers back in the UK used to provide cocaine at office parties.

They had some really good themed parties, loads of free food and drinks, bands, dancers, fire eaters.

• Love It 2

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My former employers back in the UK used to provide cocaine at office parties.

They had some really good themed parties, loads of free food and drinks, bands, dancers, fire eaters.

You you are the type who cause this illegal drug running cat and mouse game.  

3 minutes ago, Elkski said:

You you are the type who cause this illegal drug running cat and mouse game.  

No, that would be the government that bans relatively harmless recreational drugs.

Even the NZ PM snorts cocaine.

Edited by BritManToo