The inevitable .... Thai Evil Eye!

Don Chance

O.p.never wears a mask?

The commonest reason for bad vibes these days.

I dont wear one either btw but tend to play along when I enter stores.

Other than that there's a myriad ways to 'offend' a Thai with their multitude of taboos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cant say I ever got the evil eye yet except from my wife, but I do not think to much when outside either! When I smile I useally get smiles back, and if I do not smile, I get the same response I express most times, but some still smile to me, and I have to smile back even my wife get the evil eye on me when a nice girl or lady. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/BmhuWo80V_w?feature=share

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PJ71 said:

6) Grab another Leo and don't give it a second thought.

Chang would be more agreeable.

And overthinking about things that most clearly don't understand would be easier on the soul.

OP got "the evil eye" from many. He mentions "them".

A case of classic "Farang Rude Behavior", lacking basic diplomatic skills?

OP can only gain enlightenment by applying his own paragraph 2. Including phases, where  Beer Chang was consumed liberally. HeHe!

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

CLEAN underwear like your mother always told you!

That the law says nothing about!

Thailand has a bunch of unusual laws to follow, but this one is perhaps the funniest – it's illegal to leave the house without any underwear on. To avoid any awkward conversations back home about why you got in trouble over this, make sure you pack enough underwear to last for your whole tripIt is against the law in Thailand to “go commando.” It is actually illegal to go in public without underwear in the Kingdom. It’s the law. If you do, you could (theoretically) wind up in jail. And that’s no way to start the week. More practically speaking, skimpy clothing is generally frowned upon, especially away from the tourist areas. Keep you shoulders covered and wear a longer skirt (or shorts), especially if you’re entering a temple or public building.

source 

Travel dot com

• Love It 1