Car Cover - Does anyone have a suggestion on one that will hold up to the sun in Thailand.

Longwood50

I have a Toyota Cross and originally purchased a genuine Toyota car cover.  It lasted about 1 year before the sun weakened the fabric to the point that it started to shred.  I then did some research and purchased a heavier duty 3 layer fabric called Sensiron that was suppose to have a three year life.  Well it is less that 1 year and it to has become brittle started to crack and separate.  The car is under a car port roof with only the rear of the car getting sun throughout the morning.  That is exactly where the fabric is damaged and shredding. 

Is there another fabric that someone is aware of that will hold up better to the Thailand sun? 

Car port with roller blind or garage. 

Those silver cover things are no good IMO unless they keep clear of the vehicle like a tent.

The blind is going to be renewed soon after 10 years of sun. 

16746212676331164717042.thumb.jpg.eb124978cd4902bce5c4fbd6708fbd1b.jpg

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Thumbs Up 1

They should all handle the sun, unless total krap.   Wind might be a different story, as the ones I've attempted to use, got blown off the car.  And not really worth the hassle for me, to secure tightly.

As stated, carport at home, and shade when possible when out & about.