Thaksin says daughter will announce his return to Thailand this year

webfact

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why doesn't he come back tomorrow?

He has Thai citizenship, he doesn't need a visa to come to Thailand.

And it's even better for him, he will have free accommodation and food for a few years, paid by the taxpayers.

Come on Thaksin, what are you waiting for?

Be a man, return now.

At least we knew where we stood with him unlike the current administration who flip around like no tomorrow 

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What does he know that we don't know?

Does he have any insider information about (upcoming) politics in Thailand?

Didn't he tell us all that he has nothing to do with politics anymore? 

And isn't it illegal for Thai politicians to make deals with wanted criminals?

He knows what every rich Thai knows.  He knows that there are people greedy enough for money and power that they will kiss the devil.

He knows that Prawit is not gong to be in a powerful enough position to rule the country on his own and that his daughter will be in the same boat.

With the current set up it will be almost impossible for ether to win without a huge fight and without dividing the country. 

If PT wins almost a majority and are able to find enough votes in the house to put her in power as PM and the military chosen Senate votes for Prawit.  Then the red shirts (UDD) will go nuts.  

Prawit understands that if that happens he can not use the military to put the Genie back in the bottle.

The interesting thought to this is that while yes there is support for Thaksin it is not in the young people or the None red shirts.  Saying that you are going to bring back Thaksin was part of the reason that Yingluck got in so much trouble.  

This could play into Prayut and the FF parties favour.  

The only way Thaksin comes back is if the ruling government and King absolve him and Yingluck of all crimes that they have been found guilty of.

27 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Dr T gonna be back in town dominating again. The crowds will be 10 deep every single place he graces with his presence. Statues will be erected. The economy will boom. Freedom shall reign. Generals will be jailed. Water will turn into wine. But best of all, the insipid keyboard warrior, democracy hating, wannabe fascist junta loving “but but Thaksin” bozos will have to witness it all - day after day after day. Oh what joy.

And there will be tanks in the streets.

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

I am glad I don't live here anymore. I was here before he came into power and I don't wish to sit reading about this whole Thai politic charade anymore. If you thought it was a circus now, just wait.

You 'don't live here anymore'? Does that mean that wherever you live you are glad you don't?? You '...don't wish to sit reading about...' So you commented on this thread just to to say you don't wish to read about it??????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TKDfella said:

I can't help but think it is all just a 'wind up'. As if Thaksin wants to see if he can cause waves. Surely it would not be in his own interests to return.

Could well be as he had said that he will return numerous times in the past. Perhaps testing the water to gauge the reaction especially the elites and the military. So far the only one that is particularly annoyed is the coup premier and not a whimper from others nor leading yellow shirts.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

You 'don't live here anymore'? Does that mean that wherever you live you are glad you don't?? You '...don't wish to sit reading about...' So you commented on this thread just to to say you don't wish to read about it??????

Because I don't live here (anymore) does not mean I don't own property here and spend part of my year (northern winter) here.

4 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Because I don't live here (anymore) does not mean I don't own property here and spend part of my year (northern winter) here.

Just a bit of humour because what you should written was '...live in Thailand anymore...'????

44 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Certainly is strange that the Shinawatras kept winning overwhelmingly each election. It was as if he was very popular or at least more popular than his competitors. 

Depends how much you pay for a vote?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Nope.

Not enough support anymore.

Its over.

Democracy reigns.

There will never be another successful military coup in Thailand.

Never again.

I hope so - but there are some who might try it. Arguably the best result would be an attempted coup which fails dismally. That may put the lid firmly on a number of boxes.

Of course it will be messy, which none of us ( in our right minds) want but I don't really see a way out of the present situation without making a mess.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Nope.

Not enough support anymore.

Its over.

Democracy reigns.

There will never be another successful military coup in Thailand.

Never again.

I assume you’re being sarcastic but I remember people saying the same thing seriously back in 1990.

38 minutes ago, jvs said:

Depends how much you pay for a vote?

Don't think you'd get that many votes. We're talking absolute majority. Never been done in history. 

A relative told me she accepted the politicians' cash then voted for the one she likes. I agree that is the best tactic. 

• Like 2