Thaksin says daughter will announce his return to Thailand this year

webfact

11 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Sounds like you should go and buy a lottery ticket with last weeks winning numbers.

How could you possibly lose.

Mate go check Thai history on this subject.

How many time s in the last 100 years ?

Oh forgot it's different now, :cheesy: 

Ps My wife is different as well. :cheesy::giggle::cheesy:

Edited by Orinoco

1 minute ago, Orinoco said:

Mate go check Thai history on this subject.

How many time s in the last 100 years ?

Oh forgot it's different now, :cheesy: 

No, it’s not different now. It is exactly the same as it was 100 years ago and it will all be exactly the same in a hundred years from now.

What nonsense.

There will be an election this year and the election will do what elections are meant to do - reveal the will of the voters.

Expect a pro democracy landslide, it is coming and the message will be clear - no more Generals in politics.

Between now and then you should try to pay a visit to the Berlin Wall (nothing ever changes so it’s still there right?).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

Oh please  '    stay where you are and save us all the misery    !

can't possibly be more miserable than it currently is... have you seen the state of it out there?? sheesh...

come back Thaksin, i hope they roll out the RED carpet for you sir ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaksin made the latest declaration on returning to his homeland

Welcome back Sir, and thank you for bringing the North of Thailand (Lanna and Isaan), with us country bumpkins, into the 21st Century!! This has always been "sour grapes" with the southern "establishment".

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

No, it’s not different now. It is exactly the same as it was 100 years ago and it will all be exactly the same in a hundred years from now.

What nonsense.

There will be an election this year and the election will do what elections are meant to do - reveal the will of the voters.

Expect a pro democracy landslide, it is coming and the message will be clear - no more Generals in politics.

Between now and then you should try to pay a visit to the Berlin Wall (nothing ever changes so it’s still there right?).

What ever you believe, is up  to you.

The generals will just snatch it back  when it's convenient, if needed.

as always. :coffee1:

Edited by Orinoco

"It came amid rumours that Palang Pracharat and Pheu Thai have done a deal for Thaksin to return after the general election, scheduled for May."

Well that's easy to fix.  A certain someone will just suspend the elections scheduled for May to prevent Thaksin from returning.

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2023 at 12:38 PM, Hanuman2547 said:

"It came amid rumours that Palang Pracharat and Pheu Thai have done a deal for Thaksin to return after the general election, scheduled for May."

Well that's easy to fix.  A certain someone will just suspend the elections scheduled for May to prevent Thaksin from returning.

Prawit is apparently the fixer par excellence in the army the General Prem of his time. Thaksin has courted relentlessly the two folks that matter the most - if they come in for him then the votes will be home and dry. He has decided I think to die on Thai soil one way or another. I remember Prawit in Parliament trolling Prayuth when asked about the coup by a Move Forward MP joked it wasn't me and pointed to Prayuth - ask him. Everbody laughed except the good general. Looking like the fix is in. But then in Thai politics nothing is certain except the army always win.

On 1/26/2023 at 3:41 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Why doesn't he come back tomorrow?

He has Thai citizenship, he doesn't need a visa to come to Thailand.

And it's even better for him, he will have free accommodation and food for a few years, paid by the taxpayers.

Come on Thaksin, what are you waiting for?

Be a man, return now.

"Come on Thaksin, what are you waiting for?

Be a man, return now." I agree, and when you do, do something, anything that will get rid of this unelected, Military Academy educated clown and his soldiers.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What does he know that we don't know?

Does he have any insider information about (upcoming) politics in Thailand?

Didn't he tell us all that he has nothing to do with politics anymore? 

And isn't it illegal for Thai politicians to make deals with wanted criminals?

Apart from your third question, I am sure General Prayut could answer?????

5 hours ago, Red Forever said:

This news will get all the Thaksin haters and Bangkok elite in a tizzy.

To point to just one of his qualities: He is not racist like many of the present incumbents and as such would benefit farang in the long term.

I stand to be corrected here, it was before my time in Thailand, but did Thaksin not start this 90 day reporting nonsense?

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I wish, but we can all dream.

Believe it.

You need no further proof than the almost complete absence of juntalovers on this forum nowadays. The fact the 99% of these lowlifes have scurried back into the gutters and sewers from where they came from (and belong) confirms just how unwanted, pathetic and unpopular the current regime is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I hope so - but there are some who might try it. Arguably the best result would be an attempted coup which fails dismally. That may put the lid firmly on a number of boxes.

Of course it will be messy, which none of us ( in our right minds) want but I don't really see a way out of the present situation without making a mess.

There is no future for Thailand democracy does not solve its corruption problems. So basically new government only means different people benefitting. No change in at all otherwise. 

I really hope the current mob loses but only a fool will think the new government wont be corrupt. Only party that is a bit decent is move forward and they wont get enough votes.

Shins & the military government  ar both utterly corrupt so it really does not matter much what one lies to you. Still better have someone to lie to you that is voted in then that rolled with a tank in. But practically nothing will change. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Thaksin was not found guilty of any civil crimes but he was found guilty of some political crimes by the the military who committed a coup against a legally elected civilian government,

That is why no civilised country would extradite him back to Thailand.

What is the difference between civil crimes and political crimes. 

Because all i know he has been conviced for corruption and other fraud stuff. Now you might think its political (and going after him probably was) but that does not mean he did not commit the crimes.

• Thumbs Up 1