Banking USA to Bangkok Bank Thailand

A regular ACH transfer will not go through but a domestic wire will.

There is no reason to send a domestic wire to NY on Schwab account if you can make an international wire from there directly to Bangkok.Just sign into your account,  click Move Money>Send Wire> Select account> Select wire type>International (USD) and enter your information. You may get a phone call to verify your order for the first transfer into an account.

Wise is simplest and easy to use.  I transfer from my bank in the US anywhere from 70,000 baht to 130,000 baht.  I am pretty sure there are only 3 banks that can transfer more than 30,000 baht.  BBL is one of them as well as SCB.  Not sure about the 3rd.  As of January 9, 2023, total fee for 70,000+ baht transfer is less than $20.  BBL charges zero fee!

On 1/28/2023 at 3:59 PM, fceligoj said:

Wise is simplest and easy to use.  I transfer from my bank in the US anywhere from 70,000 baht to 130,000 baht.  I am pretty sure there are only 3 banks that can transfer more than 30,000 baht.  BBL is one of them as well as SCB.  Not sure about the 3rd.  As of January 9, 2023, total fee for 70,000+ baht transfer is less than $20.  BBL charges zero fee!

Kashikorn is the third

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-US-to-Thailand-via-Bangkok-Bank-NewYork-branch

Just send it using the domestic routing number 026008691 and your BBK account number. Always works for me. Even have direct deposit of my SS sent that way.

ETA: I can pm you my account number if you'd like to test it 1st. ????

Edited by mrwebb8825

1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Transfers/Transferring-Into-Thailand/Transfer-money-from-US-to-Thailand-via-Bangkok-Bank-NewYork-branch

Just send it using the domestic routing number 026008691 and your BBK account number. Always works for me. Even have direct deposit of my SS sent that way.

ETA: I can pm you my account number if you'd like to test it 1st. ????

The page you linked to mentions it now needs International ACH format which it has already been mentioned most US banks don't use.  SS payments do use that format so are OK.

Edited by treetops

I have been traveling and just got back to check on my transfer.

The domestic wire transfer from Schwab brokerage account to Bangkok Bank NY worked.

In the US,  I paid a fee of $15 to Schwab and I assume the $5 fee to Bangkok Bank NY was paid. 

In Thailand, I assume I paid a 200 TB fee (I transferred a little less than 2000 USD). 

So I was curious about the rate. Assuming the above items, I calculated a rate of 32.67 TB to 1 USD on January 27, 2023.

Regarding setting up anything with Fidelity, I had been on the phone with Fidelity customer service previously. I did not like what I heard.

Schwab made it easy. They gave me the information I needed to do it online so I did not have to make a phone call. However, I might have tried an International wire had I seen "Thailand J's" reply above (which would have saved me the $20 in fees).

Thailand J - Do you just have to provide bank name, account number and account owners' names for an international wire? Do you wire in USD?

• Thanks 1