"I'll never set foot in Thailand again" - damning review by Taiwanese celeb "extorted by Thai police"

webfact

2 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

You know, round, flat, has cheese and stuff on top, surely you must have seen it before...if not, you need to get out more.  :))

My point was when was the last time you shared Pizza or any other western with the Thai Police?

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sqwakvfr said:

My point was when was the last time you shared Pizza or any other western with the Thai Police?

That occasion, 2017. No wait, last week, a neighbor is a cop, we had lunch with him two days ago.

Edited by nigelforbes

Just now, sqwakvfr said:

Did you pay? Go Dutch or did the Thai Police pay? Was it pizza or burgers?

Sorry for my late edit to my previous post, not trying to be devious, just forgot that's all.

The pizza in question my lud was a take away pizza from the Dukes which we scarfed whilst driving because were both hunger and late. I rest my case.

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

Which justifies taking her off alone into a corner and demanding money? If they suspected she was in the country without a visa then they should have called in the immigration police. If she had "illegal substances" on her then she should have been charged and detained 

Of course not....I never said anything of the sort. 

It was a shakedown, nothing less.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Why not name the police station .....  Thai Rath scared ?

There are plenty of other people who won't set foot back in Thailand,  thiefs aplenty.

Reckon there are plenty, NOT allowed back in TH.  Even better.

Unless the rest of the world's tourist spots have gone to <deleted>, or run out of places, highly unlikely. I still don't know what the draw is for Thailand.   Especially repeat, yearly visits.

If people think TH is that special, I'd hate to live where they come from.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Does the thai police station where she was taken not have cameras that record people coming and going and interrogations? 

It would seem unusual these days if she or her friends did NOT at least try and record a video of the initial stop/demands.....so seems believable to me that cops did not want that video to remain in her possession.  Why would they be concerned with being videoed if did nothing wrong?  In fact they should WANT a video to prove their innocence or whatever it is they claim they found that involved going to police station and paying $$.

If all the gal wanted was social media fame a video is almost a requirement to go viral so of course she or her friends would be filming away.

And if korean tourists were also there check the police station cameras to ask what that was all about.

If Thai police honchos cannot get to bottom of such a simple charge good luck ever doing any real police work.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not having a valid Visa appears to be the only thing mentioned... it is possible the police were not familiar with the VOA.....

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't an entry stamp in her passport shown her legal presence.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

The story makes no sense. She showed her visa passport so she had no basis to pay anything, for any reason, she should have stood her ground.

been stopped many times by the police but they never asked for my visa nor they have commented on it, got extorted and fined for not wearing helmet but was never asked for my passport of visa, only asked for DL... smells fishy, what type of police stopped her

• Like 1

Just now, Millcx said:

Stood her ground !!!! … She would have spent her time in a <deleted> ridden cell until she paid and then price doubled

You might like to think that's the way things are here but if ever you visit you'll soon realise it isn't. And if ever you'd seen the inside of a jail cell here you'd know they aren't as you described them....although I admit your post will appeal to others who also don't know!

• Like 1