Is red meat bad for you?

ozimoron

45 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The fish I eat now in Thailand, is frozen dory fish (Pangusius) along with frozen chips from Makro.

I'm currently in Down Under. If I eat fish & chips, rather than lamb chops, I often order Hoki (blue grenadier), a succulent fish, also 

used by McDonald's in its Filet-O-Fish.

Back to the topic, living in Thailand during the pandemic, I also reduced my red meat consumption, but it was easy, while saying 'no' to red meat is much harder here due to the better quality.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

2 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I'm currently in Down Under. If I eat fish & chips, rather than lamb chops, I often order Hoki (blue grenadier), a succulent fish, also 

used by McDonald's in its Filet-O-Fish.

I hope you throw away the bun. Then there is the batter.

6 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I often order Hoki (blue grenadier), a succulent fish,

It is good. Boring and falls apart on it's own but in batter it is the best. Should be healthy too caught off the coast of New Zealand. Pre covid was often $12 a kilo now double. 

Australian Barramundi, Salmon, Hoki and others fairly regular, then chicken, pork, lamb twice a month, and a nice steak hits the spot but once a month is enough. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Red Meat is bad - is hard on your kidneys, having CKD for many years eat very little. would rather not eat red meat than being on Dialyses for rest o my life... managed to get down to just under Stage 3 from Stage 5 in 2015.

Red Meat, Salt, and Diet Drinks, cutting them out worked wonders

• Thumbs Up 1