Seven shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue

Scott

Under international law, Israel’s occupation of the Palestinian territories is illegal, and under international law an occupied country has the right to resist.

Palestinians have a right to "armed struggle" against their illegal occupier – Israel.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Under international law, Israel’s occupation of the Palestinian territories is illegal, and under international law an occupied country has the right to resist.

Palestinians have a right to "armed struggle" against their illegal occupier – Israel.

Against military targets. Not innocent people in synagogues. Or do you think that's OK?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Against military targets. Not innocent people in synagogues. Or do you think that's OK?

Primarily was reacting to at least 1 poster referring to the murdered Palestinians as "terrorists".

Was the French resistance during WWII "terrorists"?

Certainly the occupier would have used that or similar terms.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Primarily was reacting to at least 1 poster referring to the murdered Palestinians as "terrorists".

So you didn't answer my question. Up to you.

5 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

The Israel authorities went into arrest Islamic Jihad terror operatives who were planning major terror attacks , they resisted arrest and opened fire on the Israelis and a fire fight ensued and they got killed , they were terrorists who got killed 

27 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

It's a bit more complex and should not be over-simplified on both sides.

If the targets are civilians, it is terrorism and should not be legitimized. The comparison with the French is not relevant as they usually targeted the German military or infrastructure.

Having said that, Israel is also prompt to qualify as terrorism any armed opposition, without making any distinction.

As about the recent events, when you have, for example, a 13 years old boy as perpetrator, it shows how the situation is really <deleted> up.

Edited by candide

A post violating Fair Use Policy has been removed:

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

https://aseannow.com/terms/

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Deflection.

Those "dozens of countries with far worse laws, human rights records, killings of journalists and repression of their population or minorities" are off topic. If there were threads about them we'd have something to say about them as well.

Oh, really? So point me to your posts about the Iranian government and their cold-blooded torture-murder of dozens of students and protesters. I'm sure there must be several since this has been going on for a while. I'm sure, like the many posts here about Israel, that your posts hectoring the Iranian government are filled with ironic references to "Fascists" and "pogroms" and other words that just happen to be those describing the Nazis.

Just one post of yours and your point is well taken. If there are however no posts about Iran and their far far far far far worse behaviour over the last several months, then you're a liar and full of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

I read that the synagogue was in a "settler" village, elsewhere "very close to a 'settler' village", and all the msm articles give no info on that.

Can't find anything definitive.

...and that would make a difference in what way?  The victims would deserve killing more?

3 hours ago, JCauto said:

Oh, really? So point me to your posts about the Iranian government and their cold-blooded torture-murder of dozens of students and protesters. I'm sure there must be several since this has been going on for a while. I'm sure, like the many posts here about Israel, that your posts hectoring the Iranian government are filled with ironic references to "Fascists" and "pogroms" and other words that just happen to be those describing the Nazis.

Just one post of yours and your point is well taken. If there are however no posts about Iran and their far far far far far worse behaviour over the last several months, then you're a liar and full of it.

There shouldn't be any posts about Iran in this thread. It's about Israel.