Seven shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue

Scott

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Jews who fled the Middle East to Israel still own property there worth something like 400 Billion U.S Dollars and why do you think that Jews voluntarily left those Countries?

Its because they faced a certain degree of persecution or discrimination  there 

Ok but as I said, It's not an excuse.

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The Palestinians were offered a Country back in 1948 (as were the Israelis) , the Palestinians rejected the offer and Israel accepted the offer .

That is why there is no Palestine now , because they rejected statehood

Changing target now.

There is no internation law or principle which says that people fleeing or being expelled from combat zone have no right to come back.

3 minutes ago, candide said:

Changing target now.

There is no internation law or principle which says that people fleeing or being expelled from combat zone have no right to come back.

Anyway, about the seven Israelis killed by terrorists in a Synagogue, which is what this story is about 

1 hour ago, candide said:

It's bad but it's not an excuse.

(Not sure they are not allowed to go back to all ME countries, BTW. A significant part of the Jewish exodus has been voluntary) .

You are joking I assume. The Jewish exodus was preceded by violence, rioting, and thuggery. There are literally no Jews left in any Arab/Muslim country. A grand total of 17 in Syria, for example, perhaps 40 in Lebanon, 50 in Yemen, perhaps the same in Egypt.

As for the Palestinians who left in the 1948 invasion, it is true that some were coerced/threatened/ expelled. A lot however were told to leave by fellow Arab leaders to clear the way for a victorious Arab League conquest. After which they could all go back and claim the booty of victory- namely the property and land of the soon-to-be murdered Jews.

The biggest difference is how the exiled were treated. Jews who migrated to Israel were welcomed and made citizens. Palestinians who migrated to most Arab lands were treated like dogs.  Palestinians are not allowed to naturalize and become citizens in countries like Egypt or Syria or Saudi Arabia, they are kept in a perpetual state of rootlessness and grievance. 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not forgetting that Jews had continuously been living on the land for 3000 years , Jerusalem's Temple of David was built 3000 years ago

That is the problem ,they still think because they were they 3000 years they are still entitled to it now ,things have changed and moved on .

Are you going to give the Uk back to Italy,becouce the Romans were in the UK 2000 years ago , and Italians have been living in the UK for a lot of years, same difference.

• Like 1

Jerusalem shooting: Thirteen-year-old held over second attack in days

A 13-year-old Palestinian boy was behind a shooting in Jerusalem on Saturday, Israeli police have said.

Two people - a father and son - were seriously wounded, while the attacker was shot and injured by passers by and is being held in hospital.

It came after seven people were killed, and at least three more injured, in a shooting on Friday at a synagogue in East Jerusalem.

1 minute ago, kickstart said:

That is the problem ,they still think because they were they 3000 years they are still entitled to it now ,things have changed and moved on .

Are you going to give the Uk back to Italy,becouce the Romans were in the UK 2000 years ago , and Italians have been living in the UK for a lot of years, same difference.

I was just replying to the claims that the land is ancestral Palestinian land so belongs to them , I was just pointing out that Jews have lived on the land for over 3000 years and long before Palestinians came along and claimed it for themselves  .

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

You are joking I assume. The Jewish exodus was preceded by violence, rioting, and thuggery. There are literally no Jews left in any Arab/Muslim country. A grand total of 17 in Syria, for example, perhaps 40 in Lebanon, 50 in Yemen, perhaps the same in Egypt.

As for the Palestinians who left in the 1948 invasion, it is true that some were coerced/threatened/ expelled. A lot however were told to leave by fellow Arab leaders to clear the way for a victorious Arab League conquest. After which they could all go back and claim the booty of victory- namely the property and land of the soon-to-be murdered Jews.

The biggest difference is how the exiled were treated. Jews who migrated to Israel were welcomed and made citizens. Palestinians who migrated to most Arab lands were treated like dogs.  Palestinians are not allowed to naturalize and become citizens in countries like Egypt or Syria or Saudi Arabia, they are kept in a perpetual state of rootlessness and grievance. 

10,000 in Iran, but never mind. Yet there is no international law or principle stating that people who have fled or were expelled from war zone, whatever the reason, should not be allowed back.

And one bad does not justify another bad.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, candide said:

10,000 in Iran, but never mind. Yet there is no international law or principle stating that people who have fled or were expelled from war zone, whatever the reason, should not be allowed back.

And one bad does not justify another bad.

Well there are about 350 000 Persian/Iranian Jews in the world and 8500 live in Iran , 250 000 Iranian Jews live in Israel and 80 000 live in the USA . 

Iranian Jews left Iran because they are discriminated against there .

Palestinians   side with Iran and want an Islamic state in Israel under Sharia law , 

21 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well there are about 350 000 Persian/Iranian Jews in the world and 8500 live in Iran , 250 000 Iranian Jews live in Israel and 80 000 live in the USA . 

Iranian Jews left Iran because they are discriminated against there .

Palestinians   side with Iran and want an Islamic state in Israel under Sharia law , 

I don't deny it and it was just a peripheral comment.

My point in response to Hanaguma's statement that Palestinian are more happy in Israel is that It's true but:

- those who are outside are not allowed back,

- the current territory under the Palestinian administration is not sustainable from an economic perspective, because it is too fragmented and because the most wealthy parts (ex the Jordan valley) are controlled by Israel. Difficult to be happy under such circumstances.

I will not get drawn by you into any other issue you may come up with.

28 minutes ago, candide said:

I don't deny it and it was just a peripheral comment.

My point in response to Hanaguma's statement that Palestinian are more happy in Israel is that It's true but:

- those who are outside are not allowed back,

- the current territory under the Palestinian administration is not sustainable from an economic perspective, because it is too fragmented and because the most wealthy parts (ex the Jordan valley) are controlled by Israel. Difficult to be happy under such circumstances.

I will not get drawn by you into any other issue you may come up with.

Israel has the right to allow who it wants to live in the Country and allowing millions of people in to live there , millions who have the opinion that Israel has no right to exist  and they want an Sharia Islamic state in place of Israel are unwelcome in the Country , for obvious reasons 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I was just replying to the claims that the land is ancestral Palestinian land so belongs to them , I was just pointing out that Jews have lived on the land for over 3000 years and long before Palestinians came along and claimed it for themselves  .

Try and get your claim correct. Less than 2,000 years.

The earliest Jews in Judea was about 1200 BC, and basically all gone after Muslim conquest in 7th century,

So less than 2,000 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_and_Judaism_in_the_Land_of_Israel

18 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

When I hear people fighting about "ancestral lands" it makes me yawn.  Same everywhere. Native people want their "ancestal lands" back, Russia wants their "ancestral lands" in Ukraine, China wants their "ancestral lands" in Taiwan, all the same.  Back in 1948 the Arab League tried to get back the "ancestral lands" by killing all the Jews that lived there. They failed. Now they need to learn to accept the consequences. 

You need to tell that to Mac Mickmanus that claims occupation 3,000 years ago gives it a "right" to the land today.

• Love It 1

6 hours ago, kickstart said:

Correct. On that basis the north American continent belongs to the Native Americans that lived there for at least 20,000 years, which is way longer than 2,000.

Somehow, I don't think they are going to get it back though.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/10/a-brief-history-of-everyone-who-ever-lived/537942/

The latest radio-dating analysis of the remnants of lives in the Bluefish Caves indicates that people were there 24,000 years ago. These founding peoples spread over 12,000 years to every corner of the continents and formed the pool from which all Americans would be drawn until 1492.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What are you on about? The Palestinians had a country and had been living on it for centuries, till the UN took it away from them. No wonder they rejected the offer of being able to live on a smaller area. Jordan ruled the area till the UN took the land, and they were not happy about it either.

You are wrong about that .

There has NEVR been a Country called Palestine and Palestinian Nationalism only became a thing recently .

If you disagree, then name a Palestine leader or King who was head of Palestine . Before Jordan took over the West Bank, it was part of the Turkish Ottoman Empire for 400 years 

Many current Palestinians are former Jews who left Judaism either by choice for forcibly , many converted to Christianity or Islam .

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are wrong about that .

There has NEVR been a Country called Palestine and Palestinian Nationalism only became a thing recently .

If you disagree, then name a Palestine leader or King who was head of Palestine . Before Jordan took over the West Bank, it was part of the Turkish Ottoman Empire for 400 years 

Many current Palestinians are former Jews who left Judaism either by choice for forcibly , many converted to Christianity or Islam .

Tell that to the Romans.

https://www.britannica.com/place/Palestine/Roman-Palestine

The province of Judaea was renamed Syria Palaestina (later simply called Palaestina)

Tell that to the League of Nations

https://www.britannica.com/topic/history-of-Palestine

League of Nations mandate of Palestine under British rule.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Tell that to the Romans.

The province of Judaea was renamed Syria Palaestina (later simply called Palaestina)

Yes, a "province" of the Roman empire.  

In any case, this argument can be used by anyone to justify anything. All land was at one time occupied by someone who got kicked out by someone else, who then got kicked out.....  

The situation today was created by the Arab League invading Israel in 1948. They refused to abide by the partition of land into Jewish and Arab sections and basically got greedy.  Much easier to just kill all the Jews and take ALL the land, they thought.  Didn't work out too well and now we are dealing with the aftermath.

Ask yourself, why are Palestinians so mistreated by their fellow Arab/Muslim brothers?  Why do 2 MILLION Palestinians live in Israel with full citizenship, and virtually no Jews can do the same in the surrounding Arab/Muslim countries?  I am not fully on board with everything Israel does, but I understand the roots of their paranoia. 

24 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The situation today was created by the creation of the state of Israel in 1948.

...you forgot the most important bit...

...by the United Nations, and the subsequent invasion of Israel by the Arab League in an attempt to exterminate the Jewish population of the area. 

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Tell that to the Romans.

The Romans changed the name from Judea to Palestina to erase Jewish presence in the land . 1000 villages got destroyed and more than 500 000 people were killed and Jews were nearly erased from the land , this was a time became Islam became a Religion 

Palestina was ruled by Romans who attempted to erase Jews from the land and it was a few hundred years later that Arabs invaded the land 

38 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

...you forgot the most important bit...

...by the United Nations, and the subsequent invasion of Israel by the Arab League in an attempt to exterminate the Jewish population of the area. 

It wasn't anybody's, including the UN, to give away.

• Thanks 2