Paying an agent (or someone) to queue at Immigration.

giddyup

22 hours ago, giddyup said:

Has anyone used an agent or anyone else just to submit the paperwork and pick up the passport with the new stamp?

Its very common in Bangkok, but you have to go with the agent and you spend about 20 minutes there as Imm need to take a biometrics of you. As Bangkok imm at CW can take 5 or 6 hours many use it and the services are openly available. Not cheap, 9000 last time I used it but they arrange transport as well.

8 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Hire a wheelchair for the day and have someone push you there, you'll be let in very quickly.

Now that I know I think I'll just join the retirement group on the right side where all the chairs are.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 10:51 AM, yeahbutif said:

Yes you can just get an agent to do the work

Take bank statement address and what ever they to ask for .to their office and get them to do the rest collect passport a few days latter all done including application fee. Of 1,900 total 8,000 .it's worth it no  hassle at immigration at all..

That's a good price - can you pass on the agents details?

A no show agent is worth their weight in gold if it prevents queuing at the bank X 2 often outside in the sun if they are imposing COVID restrictions and then X 2 at immigration especially if you need a wheelchair. My last agent charged me 16.5kbht and my bankbook showed well in excess of the required FTTs and I do my 90 day on line hence any recommendations? Just asked my current agent to do a certificate of entitlement and it's taking a week!

On 1/29/2023 at 10:58 AM, ezzra said:

8,000 baht including the 1,900 baht immigration fee? please do share the name of the agent with us all seems like a bargain...

To each their own, and the OP is 80 years old so understand he wants the convenience.

Am only 65 years old, but that seems totally too much for someone who has the money in the bank and can get the simple bank letter himself and paperwork.  I have never waited more than an hour or 2 at Chonburi immigration in each of the last 5 years.

Even in the U.S. when I worked a high paying job I only made $50 - $70 an hour, 8000 baht is $230 U.S.  I do like to support Thai businesses, but this is something I cant go for.

Edited by Skallywag
  • Thumbs Up 1