Trouble for 1500 thai bath?

Tayida

Send him installments of 5 baht, actual mail with a 5 baht coin inside.   Once a week.   

Or send him 1300 if it costs you 200 to send the money, and I'm sure he will never stop bothering you.   Then keep sending him the balance MINUS the shipping charge, which means he'll never get all his money or might end up owing you cash.

I'd NEVER borrow money from anyone I couldn't pay back the same day (like if I forgot my phone or ATM card or whatever).

Send him pictures of the money and ask, "Is this right?"   "You want this, sucker?"   lol

money and anyone is horrible.  money and a farang in Thailand?  OMG, literally the worst of the worst of the worst of the biggest nightmare possible!!!!!!!! lol

• Sad 1

On 1/8/2023 at 10:09 PM, Mywayboy said:

Thai passport holders exempt .

Germy dirty Farang discriminated against once again. 

So Thailand has Covid 19 under control ho ho ho.

Suggest TAT needs needs a mental health assessment prior to making their absurd decisions. 

On 1/31/2023 at 4:14 AM, Tayida said:

Do you know if i send 1500 thb how much is the commission?

WU free for 1st transaction. 

If a 

24 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

I'd NEVER borrow money from anyone I couldn't pay back the same day (like if I forgot my phone or ATM card or whatever).

For a genuine friend i would give them the cash. Between friends there a re many give and take situations. 

If i found myself in circumstances where i chose to "loan" 1500 baht to an acquaintance I would not chase repayment. If no money was forthcoming, id just move on. 1500 baht is in inexpensive lesson learned. 

Also, I would not penalize or vilify someone trying to pay me back because i lack a mechanism to receive that payment.   

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

I am eternally surprised by the inablity of many forum members to solve the most simple issues.

I am even more nonplussed by the moronic suggestions, objections and road blocks forum members can present when a solution is common sense.

I think ask for suggestions, even if it's simple for you, doesn't kill anyone. And, unfortunately, I am not clever as you are.

22 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Send money from your bank ATM to his account ask long as it’s a Thai bank. … sounds like a bit of a squabble over 1509 baht. If they won’t give you their account then it’s on him to come get it..

Correct. If he owns a Thai bank account, no problem at all. But he doesn't have one and refused to ask the staff in the hotel he stay as well refused to ask to a shop that has the transfer service. 

2 hours ago, Tayida said:

As I wrote yesterday I went to the post office and use the post EMS service. Cheaper than Wester Union. I own money to him no longer than 10 days. My mistake was to move to the North without repay him back. He just wanted wise as he has not a Thai account. I told him to ask the manager of the hotel where he stay for his bank account or to any shop that send or receive money. But he refused to do and he wants only wise. As I cannot use wise between a Thai and foreign account, I sign up to deemoney as someone suggested, but they said it will take around 48 hours to activate the profile. And he insisted that he wants go and report me. At the end, as wrote, EMS was the solution. The envelope should reach him tomorrow, 

Well maybe he thought you skipped town without paying him.  But from how it sounds he had a way to stay in touch with you.  I’m surprised he didn’t make an agreement with you by when you to pay him back.  Strange he couldn’t have just reminded you during those ten days  instead of reacting the way he did.  
Glad you found a solution.  But to be honest.  Some of the facts sound a little odd.  Especially with a friend threatening to go to the police over a small loan.  Not even 10 days or less old. 

18 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

Strange he couldn’t have just reminded you during those ten days  instead of reacting the way he did.  
Glad you found a solution.  But to be honest.  Some of the facts sound a little odd.  Especially with a friend threatening to go to the police over a small loan.  Not even 10 days or less old. 

We kept in touch during these 10 days: from he side he never spoked about the money and from my side as well as we plan to meet again around mid of February.

And the day i opened the post I read his message about repay him or go to report me.

On 1/31/2023 at 6:11 AM, Tayida said:

Went to the post office for the Western Union solution, but found that sent the amount into an envelope using EMS was cheaper. Matter solved, thank you to everyone for the help.

I hope you deducted the cost of envelope and postage....

• Haha 2

The EMS guy went to his apartment twice, nobody there. I gave him the envelope tracking number and told him to go and pick up it with his passport at local post office. Called and messaged him from yesterday, no reply.

How long the envelope will be at the local post office? 

On 1/31/2023 at 11:24 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

I would reconsider the status of "friend" to someone willing to go to the police over 1500 baht.

He was friend enough to loan the money. My guess is the OP has not been especially prompt paying it back.

Flipside... the guy doesn't have a bank account??? But making all sorts of demands.

Wise lol.. can't expect everyone to want to deal with that esp when they are not even signed up!!

No worries, cops won't bother with any of it.

• 2 weeks later...

So: the envelope with the money reached the destination on February 2nd. The local post office kept it until yesterday and now is in the process to travel back the the post office where I sent it, cause he doesn't go pick up it. As well, during this time, never answered my messages or answer my phone. Now when the envelope with the 1500 will reach back here, ready for the chapter two of this story. 

Edited by Tayida