Biden rules out sending Ukraine F-16 jets

Social Media

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Looks likes jets are off the cards for the moment but the US is preparing a large new package that now includes long range precision guided rockets/bombs. Range of about 94 miles. These will devastate Russian supply lines and other targets making a great combination for when the tanks arrive.

U.S. readies $2 billion-plus Ukraine aid package with longer-range weapons -sources

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -The United States is readying more than $2 billion worth of military aid for Ukraine that is expected to include longer-range rockets for the first time as well as other munitions and weapons, two U.S. officials briefed on the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.

The weapons aid is expected to be announced as soon as this week, the officials said. It is also expected to include support equipment for Patriot air defense systems, precision guided munitions and Javelin anti-tank weapons, they added.

One of the officials said a portion of the package, expected to be $1.725 billion, would come from a fund known as the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI), which allows President Joe Biden's administration to get weapons from industry rather than from existing U.S. weapons stocks.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/u-readies-2-billion-plus-223944008.html

GLSDB

https://www.saab.com/products/ground-launched-small-diameter-bomb-glsdb

2 billion $ being the significant words.

I wonder how long financially devastated American citizens will accept such payments for a war a long way off, that does not threaten them.

I imagine some congress people will be getting letters from their constituents about it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wonder how long financially devastated American citizens will accept such payments for a war a long way off, that does not threaten them.

I imagine some congress people will be getting letters from their constituents about it.

I have no idea, so far the majority of US residents support the military aid to Ukraine. You're not one of them however so why concern yourself?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Exactly. They ain't going to be giving out bad news, are they?

Remember a few months ago when the Russians were supposed to be running out of missiles, ammunition etc? Doesn't seem to have happened so far.

However, the US might run out of anti tank missiles to send.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/will-united-states-run-out-javelins-russia-runs-out-tanks

Well there are other countries knocking out ATM's excuse the pun. 

Russia can keep sending cheapo drones another 1000 tanks from old stocks.

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You forget.

Russia went into Afghanistan long before the U.S.

You also forget, it’s the Ukrainians who are the indigenous combatants and the Russians who are the invaders.

Well i didn't forget hearing Russia made the decision to pull out. 

A decision that I doubt will happen soon in Ukraine sadly.

Doesn't matter what forget.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We fight them over there not on USA Soil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Devastated, , Who???? Lol Nobody wants  to work look employment figures 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are aware the US has a large very effective military weapons manufacturing industry that turns a profit and has very well entrenched political support from both sides of the house?

Every American Understands Democrat and Republicans, we ain’t talking Chinese or Russian EVER 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

Pretty obvious to me that Ukraine is losing this war.

If they were winning they would not need more weapons. Thus far they've burned through the old soviet era weapons, not just theirs but also of the former Warsaw Pact countries, the western supplied anti-tank stingers/manpads, artillery and in the coming months they will burn through the new shipments of tanks and armored vehicles.  

I don't think anything the west can supply will change the outcome, but it will ensure many more needless deaths. All F-16s will do is draw out the conflict and risk even further escalation.

It feels like the West is in a trap, they can't stop escalating.  Any country that does not continue to give more and higher tech weaponry is going to be the country that takes the blame when this war is lost.

Diplomacy is the only way out.

As long as it’s Russians Dying , Keep Sending 

5 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Perhaps Joe could suggest that Ukraine contact Afghanistan.  Joe left a few billion worth of U.S. weapons there. 

Call Trump he organized it , Didn’t he bring Taliban to Camp David , didn’t he have 5,000 Militants Released Also <deleted> , The art of the deal lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Typical nasty comment Ukrainians are not exactly detached from Russia apart from by name. 

Ukraine has chosen to be independent from Russia. 

Russia can't accept that.

It's looking like the key to this war is probably Crimea.

Ukraine remakes Crimea which monster Putin stole in 2014 and its full circle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Ukraine has chosen to be independent from Russia. 

Russia can't accept that.

It's looking like the key to this war is probably Crimea.

Ukraine remakes Crimea which monster Putin stole in 2014 and its full circle. 

Yeah most people know all the before stuff but just have different opinions of how the sad now has come about. 

22 hours ago, Tug said:

Probably the training issues and they know the Ukrainians would be taking russias war to Russia proper if so equipped 

Why not give the Ukrainians a load of the MiGs still in use by ex-eastern bloc countries? This would help the Ukrainians in the short term because they are well-trained to use them.  The "allies" could then be re-supplied by F-16s and the US arms dealers would make lots of money anyway.

Same argument for the tanks - send to Ukraine all the leftover T72s and T80s in the short term to boost Ukraine, and then sell lots of Leopards and Challengers to the allies.....