unusual question concerning 90 day report

here ya go.

Entered Thailand on a visa exempt entry nov 24th, converted to a 90 day non o and than a 1 year extension issued Dec 28th till march 25th 2024

My 90 day due date was March 28th

Just moved and did a notification and immigration told me my 90 day is due Feb 21st ( 90 day from my visa exempt entry)
Usually Phuket does 90 days from ur extension issued date>

whose right?

19 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

If they say Feb 21st, make sure you go. It doesn't matter who is right. But you will be wrong if you don't go.

Yep
Will  try do it online Feb 8th , if not accepted , its only 8 kms  ????

12 hours ago, zzzzz said:

Entered Thailand on a visa exempt entry nov 24th, converted to a 90 day non o and than a 1 year extension issued Dec 28th till march 25th 2024

I think this is correct and Phuket are wrong. Did you get a date of notification slip from immigration the day you did the extension, saying next report would be 90 days from the date the extension was given? 

If Thailand Post is nearby, send by EMS in the morning (tracking number in receipt), will arrive same day and you can have receipt documented no matter the actual arrival date, missed by immigration or lost. Remember to include self addressed-stamped return envelope-10 baht.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, zzzzz said:

Just moved and did a notification and immigration told me my 90 day is due Feb 21st ( 90 day from my visa exempt entry)

whose right?

Do what your immigration office say, as they will be dealing with you now.

17 hours ago, zzzzz said:

21 February is the correct reporting date officially in your case. Unless you were issued with a notification slip specifically confirming a revised date of 28 March when you obtained your 1-year extension on 28 December (which strikes me as being highly unlikely to be the case from what you have - or, more to the point, not - said), 21 February is the reporting date you should be going by - all the more so if this is the due date which your current office has explicitly and categorically advised you of.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mason45 said:

Always check your current 90 days slip, that's the day irrespective of the visa stamped date in your passport. I was caught out years ago. I pleaded innocent all to no avail and I was fined 2,000 baht. People have got to learn that common sense doesn't prevail in Thailand.

in this case ,ur not right, my slip says March 25th, the IO in Phuket says Feb 21st
I did NOT receive a slip stating Feb 21st>
Anyway  its off to  immigration before feb 21st, regardless whose right or wrong in this case ( I think the IO in Phuket is wrong>

I only posted to show things aren't always the way there supposed to be   ????

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rwilem said:

A person's 90-day reporting, due date, whatever, has nothing to do with one's extension application. They are independent of each other. I am surprised that many posters make this error, assuming that because they are doing an extension they get their 90 day report requirement automatically handled. Unless you are given a new report slip you are still on your current 90-day clock.  And if unsure about it, ask for clarity at that time.

Your first sentence was wrong and your last spot on.

I entered on 26th August on a new E-visa and my 90 day report was due 1st Feb.

On 2/2/2023 at 3:54 PM, sandyf said:

I entered on 26th August on a new E-visa and my 90 day report was due 1st Feb.

Excuse me, I'm a little confused, can you elaborate on this? Entered on Aug. 26th, so if you remained in-country continually, would you not have reached a stay of 90 days around Nov. 24th, and in theory supposed to have made a report?

Additionally, a 90-day report due date of Feb. 1st would mean the 'clock' on it was started Nov. 4, if I calculate correctly. Did you do anything at immigration on that day? Received a fresh reset on the 90-day report calendar, perhaps?

Edited by rwilem

5 hours ago, rwilem said:

Excuse me, I'm a little confused, can you elaborate on this? Entered on Aug. 26th, so if you remained in-country continually, would you not have reached a stay of 90 days around Nov. 24th, and in theory supposed to have made a report?

Additionally, a 90-day report due date of Feb. 1st would mean the 'clock' on it was started Nov. 4, if I calculate correctly. Did you do anything at immigration on that day? Received a fresh reset on the 90-day report calendar, perhaps?

Exactly. My E-visa was due to expire on 23rd Nov(90 day visa).

Early Nov I applied for a 12 month extension, this is taken as reporting and resets the clock, at the end of the under consideration period I was given the 1st Feb as the date for my first actual 90 day report, which I did online.

I have entered the country several times on a new visa and then done a 12 month extension and it has always been the same, no 90 day reporting for nearly 6 months.

I don't think the same policy applies in other scenarios which may cause some confusion.

On 2/1/2023 at 2:34 PM, zzzzz said:

Statement is badly worded. What you did was a visa status conversion which would have been for 90 days from 28th December followed by a 12 month extension which would run from 26th March 2023 till 25th March 2024.

Normally a first extension would reset the clock on 90 days but by doing the conversion and extension concurrently I would think that this has not happened and the 90 day reporting requirement from date of entry would apply.