METV Validity (Clarification)

Hi, 

I'm about to apply for my first METV and I noticed it has a 6m validity from issue. I was under the assumption that the validity "started" at first entry (I'm very well understood with the max. 60 day stay)

I guess I should apply for it maybe 10days before leaving, to get a maximum stay then? Or am I missing something here? 

1 hour ago, aldriglikvid said:

Settled, then ???? Thanks!

As you would be aware.....by exiting and reenter just prior to visa expiry you would be stamped in for another 60 and that can be extended by 30 days.

Approx up to 9 month stay.

Ripper visa option for some folk. 

Edited by DrJack54

• 6 months later...

How does one even time this to take full advantage of the six month validity?  The Thai consulate in L.A. says it takes a minimum of 15 business days to process.  If you book a flight for say, November 15th, would you apply on October 25th (fifteen business days)?  That'd be a little nip and tuck.  Giving yourself more wiggle room and applying October 2nd should work but then if it is approved in 15 days you end up losing two weeks of time.

5 hours ago, Slosheroni said:

How does one even time this to take full advantage of the six month validity?  The Thai consulate in L.A. says it takes a minimum of 15 business days to process.  If you book a flight for say, November 15th, would you apply on October 25th (fifteen business days)?  That'd be a little nip and tuck.  Giving yourself more wiggle room and applying October 2nd should work but then if it is approved in 15 days you end up losing two weeks of time.

As against that, you can add 60 days (plus 30-day extension) at the back end by doing a border bounce just before the visa expires.

• Like 1