Double Charging I know it exists but it is still very annoying.

Nip

Just now, BritManToo said:

I only get annoyed by your Thai apologist posts.

I'm not an apologist for anyone or anything here. I just live in the real World of Thailand, as it is, warts and all, not what I would w3ant it to be.  It makes for a less stressful life than many on this forum seem to suffer from.   You getting annoyed at my defense of reality is just such a case in point. If you don't like my posts, don't read them, or better still, block me, simples.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The ‘if you don’t like it go home’ statement is a last ditch effort because you have no other intelligent argument to justify dual pricing practices.... 

It's a perfectly valid statement, ( and choice) that's why it gets repeated so many times to whining post subjects like this one.  This subject is one that any amount of angst and pointless debate will not change. Why put up with a place that annoys you so much?  Who would do that, bar a masochist, or a perennial moaner at all things Thai? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Absolutely - they should be happy they are not being gunned down in the streets... starved, separated from their children, sucker punched on the subway, knocked down in the streets... locked in internment camps... 

Here, the worst of it is the aggressive tailors on Sukhumvit... 

well put Sir

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Tom said:

It's a perfectly valid statement, ( and choice) that's why it gets repeated so many times to whining post subjects like this one.  This subject is one that any amount of angst and pointless debate will not change. Why put up with a place that annoys you so much?  Who would do that, bar a masochist, or a perennial moaner at all things Thai? 

You seem to be making more whining posts than anybody else on here. It's the old manufacturing question and answer going back to the 18th and 19th century: "Why Nellie do you do it this way?" "Because it has always been done this way!' 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

That is nothing to do with duel pricing.

Obviously.  I was making a point about Thai apologists, not dual pricing.

When my Thai family go to an attraction, it is often mob handed; maybe 4 or 5 adults' or more, 5 children or more. Going to attractions can be prohibitively expensive for a Thai family outing.  Tourists often go in twos, or maybe two by two.  They have planned and financed their exotic  holiday. The attraction needs to make a profit. It makes eminent sense to charge those that can afford it more than the locals who struggle to finance it.  This is all there is to it, but overly sensitive, mainly Western, first country privileged  foreigners like to see this as discrimination or even downright racism.  Its not, its real World economics and social necessity.  Get over it.  

It's obviously racism and discrimination.  How can it be anything else?

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:
5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The ‘if you don’t like it go home’ statement is a last ditch effort because you have no other intelligent argument to justify dual pricing practices.... 

It's a perfectly valid statement, ( and choice) that's why it gets repeated so many times to whining post subjects like this one.  This subject is one that any amount of angst and pointless debate will not change.

No.. its not really a valid statement at all, its an unintelligent flippant remark used as a wise-crack to point score and is repeated by people who lack the intelligence to formulate a valid argument because there are no valid or intelligent arguments...  

IF this debate is so pointless, why have you joined it ?....   the starting point for any improvement is discussion... in this case when people recognise and object to double charging the message may get through... People complained about TM28, others such as you and I have benefited from that. 

People have publicised the negativity of dual pricing, some businesses no longer employ such tactics as they no recognise it to be a distasteful practice..... When there is dialogue, there is learning and improvement....

... you may not recognise such, but people have already put in the ground work for how easy things are for you here today.

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

Why put up with a place that annoys you so much?  Who would do that, bar a masochist, or a perennial moaner at all things Thai? 

You seem to present this argument from a perspective that if someone doesn’t like an aspect of Thailand they will not like any aspect of Thailand.

In this case dual pricing is one of the negatives being discussed, there are also many many positives of Thailand... You seem to think people who recognise things which are not right are masochists or perennial moaners at all things Thai, in doing so you make a ridiculous generalisation and wholly unintelligent argument that fails on a basic level and is utterly absent of understanding that people can both like and dislike different aspects, experiences and facets of a place and its ok to discuss all of them. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No.. its not really a valid statement at all, its an unintelligent flippant remark used as a wise-crack to point score and is repeated by people who lack the intelligence to formulate a valid argument because there are no valid or intelligent arguments...  

IF this debate is so pointless, why have you joined it ?....   the starting point for any improvement is discussion... in this case when people recognise and object to double charging the message may get through... People complained about TM28, others such as you and I have benefited from that. 

People have publicised the negativity of dual pricing, some businesses no longer employ such tactics as they no recognise it to be a distasteful practice..... When there is dialogue, there is learning and improvement....

... you may not recognise such, but people have already put in the ground work for how easy things are for you here today.

You seem to present this argument from a perspective that if someone doesn’t like an aspect of Thailand they will not like any aspect of Thailand.

In this case dual pricing is one of the negatives being discussed, there are also many many positives of Thailand... You seem to think people who recognise things which are not right are masochists or perennial moaners at all things Thai, in doing so you make a ridiculous generalisation and wholly unintelligent argument that fails on a basic level and is utterly absent of understanding that people can both like and dislike different aspects, experiences and facets of a place and its ok to discuss all of them. 

We will see now if has eaten his Weetabix. Well said sir.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thats it, resort to insults; pathetic. 

This you?:

"Try not to be so sensitive". 

"If you feel that Thailand is racist, then leave.

This is all there is to it, but overly sensitive, mainly Western, first country privileged  foreigners like to see this as discrimination or even downright racism.  

Its not, its real World economics and social necessity.  Get over it. 

The post is irritating, not duel pricing"

"It's a perfectly valid statement, ( and choice) that's why it gets repeated so many times to whining post subjects like this one.  

This subject is one that any amount of angst and pointless debate will not change. Why put up with a place that annoys you so much?  

Who would do that, bar a masochist, or a perennial moaner at all things Thai?"

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thumbs Up 1

They tried to get me twice in one week. I went to buy a computer as they were on sale. When I went to pay they said the sale was over and I had to pay the full price. However they made no effort to take the sign down. So I told them to stuff it and went to the next shop. I let them know what happened and they honoured the advertised sale price.

Second time I went to buy a cheap shirt and pants. Same thing they wanted more than advertised saying the larger sizes used more cloth. My wife was holding the cash and paid them so I lost out on that one as I would have told them to stuff it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

This you?:

"Try not to be so sensitive". 

"If you feel that Thailand is racist, then leave.

This is all there is to it, but overly sensitive, mainly Western, first country privileged  foreigners like to see this as discrimination or even downright racism.  

Its not, its real World economics and social necessity.  Get over it. 

The post is irritating, not duel pricing"

"It's a perfectly valid statement, ( and choice) that's why it gets repeated so many times to whining post subjects like this one.  

This subject is one that any amount of angst and pointless debate will not change. Why put up with a place that annoys you so much?  

Who would do that, bar a masochist, or a perennial moaner at all things Thai?"

You sure don’t seem to be a lot of fun Jimmy.  An unfortunate handle in Thailand. Forthright and domineering it’s your way or no way. That old chestnut if you don’t like Thailand then naff off no longer holds water it’s a childish and repetitive cop out when a man is loosing an argument. Everybody’s entitled to their opinion right or wrong. When you get angry and start to waffle it denotes that you have lost. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Nip said:

You sure don’t seem to be a lot of fun Jimmy.  An unfortunate handle in Thailand. Forthright and domineering it’s your way or no way. That old chestnut if you don’t like Thailand then naff off no longer holds water it’s a childish and repetitive cop out when a man is loosing an argument. Everybody’s entitled to their opinion right or wrong. When you get angry and start to waffle it denotes that you have lost. 

You are lost.

Commenting on a thread after only reading the 2 most recent posts is not ideal.

You didn't understand my post- you have your posters confused.

Quotation marks are there for a reason.

Edited by JimmyJ