Bangkok Bank Passbook Issues

1st of all I can never find the Banking forum on the list. 

I have an old Passbook from a BB bank in CM which is now closed. 

My Passbook no longer works in the machine but my account is still active. 

I also have a new passport but I have the old canceled one with me. 

Can I get a replacement in Pattaya?

I really don't want to fly up to CM to get a new one. And who knows how long I would have to be there b

Had no problems getting a new passbook from the Bangkok Bank branch in Central Festival for my account in Bangkok when my old one was full.

NB it doesn’t seem possible to move your account to a new province so whilst they updated my address for me, the account is still considered to be a Bangkok one so I get charged for using Bangkok Bank atms in Pattaya but not in Bangkok. 

I had a similar situation a few years back.  I was told to go where I opened my account due to signature verification.   Your home branch is closed?  Hopefully, by now they have linked accounts and can verify you at any branch. Be ready to fill out half a dozen forms and probably sign your name 10 times.  I wonder what they do with all that paper.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What did the BBL branch in Pattaya advise you to do when you asked them?   Whatever anyone tells you here the answer is down to the bank/branch.

Since I am not currently in LOS, they told me nothing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I had a similar situation a few years back.  I was told to go where I opened my account due to signature verification.   Your home branch is closed?  Hopefully, by now they have linked accounts and can verify you at any branch. Be ready to fill out half a dozen forms and probably sign your name 10 times.  I wonder what they do with all that paper.

The bank in CM was in a mall KSK.  The mall and the bank branch closed last July.

4 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Had no problems getting a new passbook from the Bangkok Bank branch in Central Festival for my account in Bangkok when my old one was full.

NB it doesn’t seem possible to move your account to a new province so whilst they updated my address for me, the account is still considered to be a Bangkok one so I get charged for using Bangkok Bank atms in Pattaya but not in Bangkok. 

Thanks, was that recently?

3 hours ago, AAArdvark said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What did the BBL branch in Pattaya advise you to do when you asked them?   Whatever anyone tells you here the answer is down to the bank/branch.

Shame that you didn't mention that very relevant point!  BBL has a very efficient English-speaking call centre that has a phone number that can be called from whichever country you are in.

6 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

the account is still considered to be a Bangkok one so I get charged for using Bangkok Bank atms in Pattaya but not in Bangkok

Use the QR cardless withdrawal feature in the Bank application.

Free of charge nationwide.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AAArdvark said:
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Shame that you didn't mention that very relevant point! 

BBL has a very efficient English-speaking call centre that has a phone number that can be called from whichever country you are in if the information that is being offered here doesn't help and it will not help as, ultimately, you're going to have to ask the bank anyway for the real answer. 

By Phone. Call our Bualuang Phone on 1333 in Thailand or (66) 0 2645 5555 from overseas.