Thaksin To Be Put Behind Bars Upon Return: Nipit

webfact

On 2/11/2023 at 3:30 PM, Artisi said:

Exactly the same as the red bull criminal, free to roam the world as he pleases, currently only wanted for crimes by Thailand. 

And the current govt cannot manage to apprehend a guy who killed a cop speeding hopped up on coke and then fled and has thumbed his nose at Thailand court/judicial , anti corruption etc for almost a decade now...and after investigation after investigation as to who allowed and continues to allow this to go on has not managed to find any payoffs or wrongdoing by the people who have been in charge since it all occurred.  Doesn't say much for a fair and impartial juristic system now does it. 

And this same clown car of politicians and their hand picked judicial  of course wants to punish Taksin after a coup controlled court naturally found him guilty of all sorts of crimes...but the courts don't seem to care or notice that the current bunch of government poobahs seized power in an ILLEGAL coup...no problem there,

If you want Taksin to go to jail then how about red bull and the coup plotters and all the paid off  who protect all of them  share a cell?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/7/2023 at 8:39 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Vorayut has been found guilty of something and received a jail sentence?   That's news.

Correct. My question was "serving" which has to do with law enforcement.

The Thai law is a fairly straight forward law, the interpretation and second thing and the execution/enforcement yet another ball game - regretfully. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 3:26 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Go on, then, which was the "trumped up" charge?

All of them. Do you understand the concept of treason? If He was on the ballot box in a monitored election he would win. These so called charges should have been filed when he was pm, not at the end of a gun.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BritScot said:
On 2/8/2023 at 10:26 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Go on, then, which was the "trumped up" charge?

All of them. Do you understand the concept of treason?

Yes, I do; do you understand the concept of something being "trumped-up", not to mention the concept of justifying your trumped-up "trumped-up" assertion?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 2/13/2023 at 9:22 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I do; do you understand the concept of something being "trumped-up", not to mention the concept of justifying your trumped-up "trumped-up" assertion?

Yes! Do you understand the meaning of "Criminal Treason"? Phew! Giving yourself and all your mates immunity!!! I wonder why? Under no circumstances should this ever be forgotton or excused.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, BritScot said:
On 2/13/2023 at 4:22 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes! Do you understand the meaning of "Criminal Treason"? 

You do understand that he has not been charged with "criminal treason" don't you?  Obviously, not.

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You do understand that he has not been charged with "criminal treason" don't you?  Obviously, not.

Was there a coup?

Are coups legal?

Why hasn’t he been charged with treason?

Could the courts be corrupt?

Does this cast doubt on the Thaksin (and Yingluck and Thanathorn) charges and convictions?

What would a rational person conclude?

Hmmm???

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:
3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Was there a coup?

Are coups legal?

Does this cast doubt on the Thaksin (and Yingluck and Thanathorn) charges and convictions?

Hmmm???

"Was there a coup?

Are coups legal?"

Yes there was a(nother) coup and previous coups set the precedent, whoever seizes power then has the right to issue laws having torn up the previous constitution.  The judiciary then says that the constitution is no longer there and those orders, signed by the coup-makers then become laws, and that gives the coup-makers the legal tool.  Whoever has the ability to seize power then becomes sovereign and they issue laws.

"Why hasn’t he been charged with treason?"

Because Thaksin didn't commit treason!

"Could the courts be corrupt?"

Yes, just as in every other country, including yours and mine, they can be and some are.

"Does this cast doubt on the Thaksin (and Yingluck ) charges and convictions?"

No, not necessarily.  They both committed serious offences.

"What would a rational person conclude?"

You've had my conclusion to your questions, now what would a rational person conclude about it?

26 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Was there a coup?

Are coups legal?

Hmmm???

The Thai judicial system is a political tool, just like the armed forces. Gotta say I find it hilarious those foreigners who keep on bleeting endlessly about "the convicted criminal" when a plethora of unconvicted criminals in high positions are paraded daily on TV, and they don't say a single word about them!:clap2:

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

The Thai judicial system is a political tool, just like the armed forces. Gotta say I find it hilarious those foreigners who keep on bleeting endlessly about "the convicted criminal" when a plethora of unconvicted criminals in high positions are paraded daily on TV, and they don't say a single word about them!:clap2:

As an educated (?) man, you do realise that there is a difference between convicted and unconvicted, don't you? :crazy:

On 2/7/2023 at 6:08 AM, hotchilli said:

Cut a deal with who?

Prawit, Prayut, Anutin and all the others don't want him back.

Only his own party would try to change the law if they got into power and give him a pardon. 

If Thaksin should go to jail then what should happen to Prayut? Surely this unelected Military Academy educated soldier should be more worthy of going to jail than Thaksin. At least Thaksin was elected fairly by the Thai people.

What is the unelected generals bank account finances now compared with when he stole the country in 2014? What are Thaksins?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/7/2023 at 6:14 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

He can win and at the same time he is still a criminal.

Even if 100% of the people voted for him that doesn't change his crimes and convictions.

Thaksin could have stayed in Thailand and he could have tried to convince people that he is innocent of at least some of those crimes.

But he chose to run away. He chose to pretend to be above the law because he is rich enough to do that.

He should go to jail like any other criminal. 

Yes, maybe he should, but so should the unelected PM. I would say that what he did backed up by his soldiers, guns and tanks is far worse than anything Thaksin did.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Yes, and in Thailand's case that difference is mostly (those that control) the army. Thanks, you really teed that one up for me.

I am sorry for trying to ask you a sensible question and expecting a sensible answer, I take back the accusation of you being an educated man.

2 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

They haven’t the courage to own their political views. Thaksin is just so evil that these poor souls are forced to support coups, dictators and authoritarianism (fascism). This of course means logic and reason must be discarded as well - it’s very hard to maintain the delusion with either still intact. It is hilarious.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Was there a coup?

Are coups legal?"

Yes there was a(nother) coup and previous coups set the precedent, whoever seizes power then has the right to issue laws having torn up the previous constitution.  The judiciary then says that the constitution is no longer there and those orders, signed by the coup-makers then become laws, and that gives the coup-makers the legal tool.  Whoever has the ability to seize power then becomes sovereign and they issue laws.

"Why hasn’t he been charged with treason?"

Because Thaksin didn't commit treason!

"Could the courts be corrupt?"

Yes, just as in every other country, including yours and mine, they can be and some are.

"Does this cast doubt on the Thaksin (and Yingluck ) charges and convictions?"

No, not necessarily.  They both committed serious offences.

"What would a rational person conclude?"

You've had my conclusion to your questions, now what would a rational person conclude about it?

That you are irrational.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 1:31 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Really!?! I can't believe anyone would say this about a soldier who granted him and all his mates amnesty of all crimes committed (that in itself screams knowing criminal/treason), rewriting the constitution (even the childish under the cover of darkness stealing and replacing "The" brass plaque), one could go on for days about the criminal activities committed. Being an ex soldier from a military family that goes back hundreds of years, taking your own country at the end of a gun is the worst/lowest level a soldier can stoop and rightly should face a firing squad or hung. A close second is a commander ordering his soldiers to shoot/murder their own unarmed civilians then like a despicable bully destroy a witness nurse who was there and helped those poor people. Thailand deserves better.

• Sad 1