Thaksin To Be Put Behind Bars Upon Return: Nipit

webfact

2 hours ago, scorecard said:
3 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

So unlike the Toxic one, no convictions then, yet you find them guilty without a trail?

:shock1:

Some of the charges have been heard/decided in absentia, found guilty and sentenced to big fines and jail terms.

Charges in absentia against whom in the context of your comment?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Which is exactly the reason why he is not regarded as a criminal anywhere in the World outside of Thailand and is free to travel where he wishes without fear of arrest or persecution.

He is regarded as a criminal in the US, the UK and Germany (visas and permissions to stay revoked).

13 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Let's not mention that this 'innocent' megalomaniac cut loose his death squads, giving them a free reign to gun down there opposition/foes, allowing them to cut down innocent civilians who spoke out.

Yes, let's brush that under the carpet and pretend that he was just doing it for the Thai people and not for his own purposes.

Personally, I would prefer that he didn't come back to finish off his job of raping the country, a man with no boundaries when it comes to grabbing more power, but there again, I'm not in the habit of hero worshiping an evil self serving narcissist.

Curious.

Why are there no pending charges for these crimes you mention?

13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

UK didn't

He entered the UK in 2008 and later bought Manchester City football club. The British didn't turn him over to Bangkok. 

Edited by Purdey
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Purdey said:
14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

UK didn't

He entered the UK in 2008 and later bought Manchester City football club. The British didn't turn him over to Bangkok. 

After Fulham and Liverpool turned him down.   After selling the club he was dismissed as Honourary President because of his criminal conviction and being on the run.  

How far did he get with his request for asylum in the UK?   The British authorities weren't asked to extradite him to Thailand!

On 2/7/2023 at 1:56 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

According to your logic a small-time criminal is not a criminal if a bigger criminal was not (until now) convicted. Really?

There is no doubt that Thaksin committed a couple of crimes, no doubt at all. But because he was/is a politician some people call it political crime or political prosecution and conviction.

Like if I rob someone then it's a crime and I should be punished. If a politician does that then it's a political crime and if the opposition brings it up, then it's political prosecution. No! It's still a crime!

The fact that Thaksin is a criminal does not mean he only did bad things. He certainly also did good things. But one does not change the other. A criminal is a criminal even if he did some good things in his life.

Black and white if only the world and especially Thailand was like that. To be able to be so lillie white in your life is so commendable.  I would sooner be Taxin at the end of time when his life's worth is weighed at judgement than a general who manages to become a multi millionaire on a very basic wage and then rolls the military out to overthrow a country a crime that exceeds all others. Never forget the rightful PM stood down and called a general election and she would have been reelected by a land slide. Oh I did not like Mr T. but the people of Thailand did and very much still do and they are all that should count.

Edited by BritScot
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

Black and white if only the world and especially Thailand was like that. To be able to be so lillie white in your life is so commendable.  I would sooner be Taxin at the end of time when his life's worth is weighed at judgement than a general who manages to become a multi millionaire on a very basic wage and then rolls the military out to overthrow a country a crime that exceeds all others. Never forget the rightful PM stood down and called a general election and she would have been reelected by a land slide. Oh I did not like Mr T. but the people of Thailand did and very much still do and they are all that should count.

I was in Bangkok when the last two coups happened. All quiet, all peaceful, and people gave flowers to the soldiers on the streets. Now why did they do that? Over to you.

BopoB15IUAAKtdo.jpg:large