Strange Ganja related post

ezzra

A Thai person owes me a good bundle of cash for quite a while now, and he claim he has no money and that the only way he pays me is in Ganga that he grows himself, but he claims that his ganja is top, top stuff worth 300,000 baht a kilo, now i know nothing about ganja, not sure what are the rules of dealing/keeping this stuff and I'm really worried not to have problems with getting rid/selling it, any idea how to go or not to about this issue?...

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

A Thai person owes me a good bundle of cash for quite a while now, and he claim he has no money and that the only way he pays me is in Ganga that he grows himself, but he claims that his ganja is top, top stuff worth 300,000 baht a kilo, now i know nothing about ganja, not sure what are the rules of dealing/keeping this stuff and I'm really worried not to have problems with getting rid/selling it, any idea how to go or not to about this issue?...

if you could get pictures and some info on growing methods a good idea can be had about quality. 

ill go out on a limb and say that it will be disappointing at best. worth no more than a few baht a gram. i will eat my words if i can be proven wrong but odds are....

• Thumbs Up 1

Loaned him the money when he really needed it against a loan agreement and a bank cheque, but with no money in the bank and not knowing how to sell the stuff only to grow it (so he said) his cheque and agreement are worth nothing, i don't think I'll see my money anytime soon, and to ask him for details as to how and what he grows, i don't think I'll get the answers i want...

24 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Loaned him the money when he really needed it against a loan agreement and a bank cheque, but with no money in the bank and not knowing how to sell the stuff only to grow it (so he said) his cheque and agreement are worth nothing, i don't think I'll see my money anytime soon, and to ask him for details as to how and what he grows, i don't think I'll get the answers i want...

Yes,you have been taken for a ride.Happened to me also many years ago.

Live and learn,i would not take any of his product.If you do he may say he already paid you in full.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

If having a legal 'loan contract' & cheque (substantiating evidence), then legal recourse may be available, but winning a judgement & actually getting paid is 2 different things.  Especially if he has no assets.

• Thumbs Up 1

A good done indoor can easily sell wholesale for 300,000 baht per kilo, but in that case he could also sell it to a dozen shops within a day himself. If you have no choice but to take it in weed, let some people check it and tell you what it is worth.

Sure a lower quality could still also be worth 300,000 but that would mean selling it by the grams to retail. Not selling it at once wholesale. But not sure how much he owes you, if it's just 30-50K baht I would be open to get it in weed rather than cash. If more let him sell it.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Giving a check without the funds to pay is an automatic jail sentence in Thailand.

Bounce it then make a police report.

On 2/8/2023 at 10:13 AM, ezzra said:

any idea how to go or not to about this issue?...

You asked. Some replies you may not care for, but another parable you might like. "Take the good with the bad". The posts that I read were polite but went to the point. One which you dont seem to like. As to your question. I am a long time "head", but would not even consider the proposal you have been offered. 

20 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If you have no choice but to take it in weed, let some people check it and tell you what it is worth.

.....or you could send out free samples to all your AN buddies <wink wink> and have them report back the quality

16 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Some members were helpful on this topic, others, for some reason, saw an opportunity to berede and vilify, i always say that if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.

Maybe heed your own advice?

You did use a pretty strong and vulgar insult, which thankfully for you the mod deleted.

Or don't.

Will follow your future posts to see how you get on saying only "good things".

• Thumbs Up 2

The only way to lend money to Thais is through a Khai Faak contract with their land title deed as collateral but, of course you need a Thai citizen you trust to put the contract in their name. The missus and I have done about a dozen of these in recent years. Each time the borrower said they would definitely pay back because the land is dear to them, as they inherited it or something similar. Of all of these contracts only two were paid back. The rest were defaulted on.  But the beauty of Khai Faak contracts is that the lender doesn't have to take legal action to get the land transferred to their name. The contract is made in the Land Department with lender's name added to the deed like a mortgage. When the borrower defaults at the end of the contract, the land becomes the lender's property automatically with no further action or re-registration required. The only problem is that the borrower may pester you for years after defaulting trying to get their land back. Often they request a special price, saying they are going to get a loan from the BAAC Bank to buy back the land. The appointed date for BAAC laon comes and you hear nothing from them, or maybe a bunch of excuses. The missus insisted on doing some loans of her own money without Khai Faak contracts to people she felt sorry for, either with a mortgage registered or just a written agreement and a copy  of the title ded. You can guess the result - 100% default rate. The The mortgage is recoverable but you have to go to court which is a hassle and you have to pay money for a lawyer. The written agreement only loans are realistically not recoverable.  I have made it clear to all who ask - no Khai Faak, no loand and I have to be satisfied with the land offered and want to own it myself. 

But the OP is talking about a totally unsecured loan which sounds utterly unrecoverable. It is probably a kilo of brickweed produced with pesticides that he could only sell for 2,500 baht on FB, if he's lucky.