Overstay and fly out

Good day everyone. I anticipate the criticisms and comments on my situation and accept them, if there will be any: I am on overstay for a total of 81 days and I have to go from Chonburi to the outskirts of Korat to collect documents, after which I return to my country. My question is whether there is a possible risk that the bus may be stopped for passport control: the first trip would be Chonburi-Kabinburi-Khao Yai. The second to go to the airport from the main road to Bangkok. Thanks for your answers.

3 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Get a taxi, then there will be an almost zero chance of being stopped.

Unfortunately i have just the money to pay the fine and few baht to travel go and back to Suvarnabhumi. Is it a big risk to take the bus on that route?

On that route, as a well groomed Westerner, if the bus is stopped, you would not be checked. The roadblock would not be for people in your situation. Your risk would be low.

If your trip to Korat is just to pick up documents, is there any way you could have someone else get you the documents? 

• Like 2

Take a copy of your passport to the bus station, if they ask just say you do not have your passport with you.

Mostly you will not be checked on the bus even if it stopped.

I hope you have the finances available to pay your overstay fine at the airport before departing Thailand.

If not you will have an issue with airport IO

OP should be aware that an overstay of 90 days will result in a 1-year blacklisting (i.e., if OP intends to return to Thailand in the next year or wishes to guarantee no hassle in obtaining a future Thai visa/extension, OP needs to exit the country before the 90-day mark).

Edited by CMBob
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, iaminwa said:

You don't think RTP have people monitoring this Forum - and you just published your route online! A movie starring Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels comes to mind.

I think you give the police farce WAY too much credit. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, iaminwa said:

You don't think RTP have people monitoring this Forum - and you just published your route online! A movie starring Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels comes to mind.

hahahah you really think the RTP are going to set up a sting to catch one young farang who has overstayed?

6 minutes ago, BritTim said:

This could be the basis of a great comedy. A low level Thai official sees the post. He talks to his superiors and explains that a foreigner is planning on leaving Thailand before an automatic ban on returning to Thailand would be imposed. This could only be prevented by arresting the foreigner first. Based on this, a task force is created with the objective of stopping every bus on roads into Korat, checking the passports of all foreigners for people with overstays. The police are distracted at one point and the foreigner slips into Korat undetected. Knowing that the foreigner would be safe once he reaches the airport, the task force sets up road blocks on all roads into international airports, carefully checking the passport of everyone on the way to the airport. As a result, 7,823 people are incarcerated in the Immigration Detention Centre within three days. The lowly official who precipitated this is commended for his observational skills without which the RTP would never have been aware that some foreigners leave Thailand while on overstay.

Following the official's promotion, he reads further posts on Asean Now and becomes aware that there are some Thai women involved in prostitution with foreigners. Raids are mounted on hotels around the country leading to many of these evil women being caught and prosecuted, along with their customers. Again, it is only due to the vigilance of this fine official that the crime wave was halted.

22 hours ago, Giano said:

a possible risk that the bus may be stopped for passport control:

I made many interprovincial bus journeys throughout Thailand during my 20 years in residence (never on overstay), and only on one occasion was my passport checked at a checkpoint south of Phayao. It was on a night bus and a regular procedure in those days, looking for illegal migrants from neighboring Burma and Laos heading south. I am sure you will not be stopped to/from Korat. Good luck.