Can someone identify these Eye Drops

MJCM

On the subject of eyes as you get older, if you get old enough eventually you’re from Cataracs in your eyes I just spoke to a good friend of mine in America said if you get these drops, it will not prevent Cataracs, but it prevents them from getting worse so now trying to find this product here in Thailand it’s actually vitamins for your eyes the kind that makes it so the Cataracs will never get to the point of what you need operation EA4F8943-7863-40D1-BB56-402316C7125C.jpeg.53e492d754455f315bdb3aa0b60e5ab6.jpeg

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

How's about this?

Image of dexoph eye drops | MIMS Thailand

I was going to post the exact same photo. These are steroid eye drops, only to be used with great caution and on good indication, like an iridocyclitis. Not just for any "discomfort", there are neutral eye drops for that.

It’s odd why they would remove the label..  The label should be kept on anyway so you can identify the specific medication.  Don’t you get paperwork from the medical facility identifying what they gave you?  And a diagnosis of what the condition specifically is or was?  The doctor should have explained the condition and treatment verbally also.
You need to contact the medical facility that gives you these drops.  And get the name of the medication.  You also need to ask for an explanation why they remove the label.  You need to know what it is specifically.  Not what it could be.  
You say you were given VigaDexa drops. That is an antibiotic used for bacterial infections of the eye. You would not use antibiotic eye drops ongoing.  Irritated eyes could be anything from an eye infection to dry eyes.  And you also need to know the specific condition you are being treated for.  
I go to an ophthalmologist at Bumrungrad.  For my yearly routine eye exams.  And also because I have specific conditions of the eye.  He is good and speaks English well.  If you want his name you can message me.

2 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

You say you were given VigaDexa drops. That is an antibiotic used for bacterial infections of the eye.

Read further on those were given by the hospital not the clinic

Edited by MJCM

2 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

go to an ophthalmologist at Bumrungrad.  For my yearly routine eye exams.  And also because I have specific conditions of the eye.  He is good and speaks English well.  If you want his name you can message me.

I bet his name is Roy????

5 hours ago, MJCM said:

I have irritations in my eye I am seeing this eye doc and also the Eye doc in Bangkok Hospital. They both give me Eye Drops.

The Clinic gives me this and Bangkok Hospital gives me VigaDexa.

Bangkok Hospital says that I can use the Eye Drops from the Clinic all the time, but VigaDexa (as it is much stronger) only a couple of days and then I have to stop and that is what I am doing. So that is also why I say it's a generic Eye Drop.

I am going to Rutnin in the next weeks or so (together with my visit to Bumrungrad) to see what they think. Or maybe go to Bumrungrad for the Eye doc as well because it seems that the Eye Doc from Rutnin also works in Bumrungrad.

Take the bottle to the best pharmacy you can find and ask them what it is.  If they can't identify it try a couple of others.  One will know what it is and then you can buy it from them or Lazada.

If you go to Rutnin don't bother with Bumrungrad.  I got the worst eye exam of my life and a bum's rush to get me into LASIX the next morning from the head of the Bumrungrad eye department back in 2002.  Never crossed their threshold since. 

After considering how I was treated at Bumrungrad I went to Rutnin where I had the best eye exam of my life.  The doctor performed LASIX on me only after 6 weeks of waiting to make sure the swelling of my corneas from wearing contact lenses was gone.  The results were amazing - 20/20 or better at first (there is some relapse with LASIX) and no glare or stars from bright lights at night.  Twenty years on at 80 I need glasses for 20/20 vision but I can still see well enough to drive legally without glasses back in the USA.

Yes, an ophthalmologist is a "real" doctor.  An optometrist fits you with glasses but is usually trained to spot eye diseases then refer you to an ophthalmologist.

I have my reservations about R#t*in eye hospital. I’ve been going there for years for potential glaucoma with the ophthalmologist always recommending eye surgery….of course Covid put a damper on that. A few months ago I went to Bangkok hospital and the ophthalmologist asked me why I came to see him? I explained, and he said, “There’s nothing wrong with your eyes, in fact you have 20-20 vision.” Which is interesting because I play tennis and mostly at the net in doubles where you need good vision and reactions. He said come back in a few months if you have any issues. I do take two different eye drops to prevent glaucoma, which do seem to be working.

Now I feel like I was played at the renowned eye hospital. Each time I visited for a checkup it was around 3000 to 4000 baht. Bangkok was 1,500 baht.

24 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Ducks?

FYI:

Quackery, often synonymous with health fraud, is the promotion[1] of fraudulent or ignorant medical practices. A quack is a "fraudulent or ignorant pretender to medical skill" or "a person who pretends, professionally or publicly, to have skill, knowledge, qualification or credentials they do not possess; a charlatan or snake oil salesman".[2] The term quack is a clipped form of the archaic term quacksalver, from Dutch: kwakzalver a "hawker of salve".[3] In the Middle Ages the term quack meant "shouting". The quacksalvers sold their wares at markets by shouting to gain attention.[4]

Common elements of general quackery include questionable diagnoses using questionable diagnostic tests, as well as untested or refuted treatments, especially for serious diseases such as cancer. Quackery is often described as "health fraud" with the salient characteristic of aggressive promotion.[1]

7 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

Take the bottle to the best pharmacy you can find and ask them what it is.  If they can't identify it try a couple of others.  One will know what it is and then you can buy it from them or Lazada

Done Done and Done. Pharmacies in Pattaya, Local Ones and in Bangkok. None were able to identify it. One came with the same as already posted with the Yellow Top but that is not the one

8 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

If you go to Rutnin don't bother with Bumrungrad.

The same Doc that works in Rutnin works also in Bumrungrad. Dr Roy is believe his name. And I have to be in Bumrungrad for a follow up on another matter.

10 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

Yes, an ophthalmologist is a "real" doctor.  An optometrist fits you with glasses but is usually trained to spot eye diseases then refer you to an ophthalmologist.

I already explained in Later posts that I thought he was talking about one of those Eye Shops in the Malls.

4 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

You've only got one pair. Rutnin or Bumrungrad. There are so many different conditions. The expensive hospitals have the best modern testing equipment for diagnosis.

I will be going, but not for another 2-3 weeks. My preference now goes towards Bumrungrad.

Problem is I am 500kms away from there.

Edited by MJCM

12 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I have my reservations about R#t*in eye hospital. I’ve been going there for years for potential glaucoma with the ophthalmologist always recommending eye surgery….of course Covid put a damper on that. A few months ago I went to Bangkok hospital and the ophthalmologist asked me why I came to see him? I explained, and he said, “There’s nothing wrong with your eyes, in fact you have 20-20 vision.”

You can have glaucoma and 20/20 vision. An untreated glaucoma can lead to loss of vision which can happen fast - or it can take a long time. Did they check your eye pressure at Bangkok Hospital? Did they prescribe eye drops at Rutnin?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MJCM said:

Nope only the Top that screws off is Yellowish not the whole Top

Thx for trying though :wai:

I wouldn't try to identify a medication by the plastic bottle.  Those are generic items made in one factory, and could be sold to multiple pharmaceutical companies.

Why not request a complete transcript of your records from your eye doctor.  Surely that would include all medications prescribed.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Glaucoma doctor prescribed different eye drops for me from my usual ones, after a couple months I noticed my Blood Pressure was near hypotension and my heart rate had dropped below 50 normally between 60/70. I kept nodding off and was feeling fatigued, I checked the contents of the new drops, they contained a beta blocker, straight in the garbage and back to the original ones.