"Statement" for retirement extension

Filling out this year’s form, I discover stapled a “Statement” form No. 3.

It appears to require a guarantor for one’s application.

Is this form necessary at Chaeng Wattana with money in the bank and all the other documents?

If so, can it be self-certified, by me? Or do I need wife to fill it out?

Or, best of all, can I just forget it?

Thanks.

Scan.thumb.jpeg.b4b0cda3f4914f79cfeeb2820103cb04.jpeg

Edited by unblocktheplanet
add image

2 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

@Ubonjoe , do you know anything about this? The worst part is "Have come to immigration". The whole point of switching from marriage to retirement is so that my wife doesn't have to take a whole day away from her work. TIA!

You can complete it yourself and sign it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

The whole point of switching from marriage to retirement is so that my wife doesn't have to take a whole day away from her work.

In the case of switches from marriage to retirement, though, Immigration do consider it necessary for the Thai spouse to be physically present for the initial annual extension of stay application based on retirement so as to satisfy themselves that she is content with the switch. 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Thanks for all your replies. So this means this "Statement" is a necessary component of the retirement paperwork required by Chaeng Wattana? TIA!

Was this "Statement" attached to a blank TM7 form which you had obtained from CW? Or from an agent??

Yes there are 3 or 4 such forms to sign each year at CW in addition to the TM7 - normally provided when you get queue number or TM7 from desk.  Have a pen with you.  When I go for appointment stop at desk to get forms and fill out when waiting for bank letter (have TM7 computer filled out).

If this is first retirement from marriage not sure they still require but wife had to appear when I did many years ago - reasoning being joint property state they wanted to be sure wife was aware making a change (and perhaps a divorce was coming?),

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Yes there are 3 or 4 such forms to sign each year at CW in addition to the TM7 - normally provided when you get queue number or TM7 from desk.  Have a pen with you.  When I go for appointment stop at desk to get forms and fill out when waiting for bank letter (have TM7 computer filled out).

If this is first retirement from marriage not sure they still require but wife had to appear when I did many years ago - reasoning being joint property state they wanted to be sure wife was aware making a change (and perhaps a divorce was coming?),

Many extensions ago I submitted a pre filled (by computer)TM7 only to watch IO remove the photo attach it to a blank TM7 and hand it to me to complete, since then I complete by hand written details

34 minutes ago, norbra said:

Many extensions ago I submitted a pre filled (by computer)TM7 only to watch IO remove the photo attach it to a blank TM7 and hand it to me to complete, since then I complete by hand written details

At least you had a good copy to enter information from.  Have been using computer print for at least a decade at CW with no issues.

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

At least you had a good copy to enter information from.  Have been using computer print for at least a decade at CW with no issues.

CW accepted my first typed up application and rejected the following year.

Memory still working fine did not need to copy,with all the stuff we have to submit is all duplication of same details.